Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Smile Humpy's competition.....

Wouldn't you know,,,,the year I decide to computerized, the ol' speedway announces it seasonal light show. Maybe it will help me draw some folks!!

I have used the ‘6 channel’ Mr. Christmas sound machine for two years, decided to move on up. So I ordered the LOR 64 channel starter kit, FM kit, etc earlier this week. I also got a few sequences to help me get started.

I will be testing (playing) with the LOR as soon as I get it because the week of Thanksgiving is our normal week to do it all and have it ready for the weekend. We started this week because we decided to add a “couple more strings of lights” to celebrate getting the LOR. We got the tree/shrubs lights and roof icicle lights done this week. New for this year, mapping my yard layout and tracking type/color/number of lights installed, hopefully this will help with syncing to music. (And I will finally know how may bulbs are really out there, just over 15,000 so far)!

Sorry I did not get started on this earlier, I would have enjoyed coming to the convention to meet ya'll.

I'll keep ya'll posted on my progress into the 64 channel world.

Interestng fact, I went to login into PlanetChristmas forum and it said my password was 916 days old, guess it's been awhile since I first started looking at this computer stuff....

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Humpy's competition.....

Congratulations on the LOR.

This will be my 2nd year with the 12 channel Mr. Christmas, FM transmitter, 2 four channel min-sequencers on my 24' mega tree, and 15 random interval outlet flashers on huge snowflakes hanging in our tall pine trees. We've already blown the budget for this season but next year I too will be stepping up to the LOR package you got. Can't wait!!!

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Budget? What's that?

Welcome back!
    - Scott M.

Carl B Zachary

Welcome to Christmas Carolina Koi-Plumber!

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Welcome, or welcome back, whichever it is. So you got hooked with the gateway "drug" of Mr. Christmas as well, huh?

I'm having problems finding the time to do my sequencing; at times I wish I could go back to the Mr. Christmas with its hard-coded song list.......but then, I look at what I can do, and while I may buy a few of those (preferably used) to get others hooked, I don't see us going back to it.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks ya'll, I'm looking forward to figuring the software out, but I do like challenges. I'll keep ya'll posted on my progress. After reading some of the posts, I am way behind the curve, I do not understand some of the things that are talked about. But I will.
    By the way, I was wrong, I forgot Humpy is no longer the promotion guy at the speedway, this Carolina Christmas show was the idea of Bruton's son as I understand...