Thread: Creating a visual gap between light sockets on an LED C9 Christmas light string

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Creating a visual gap between light sockets on an LED C9 Christmas light string

I want to run 11 LED bulbs along a certain location of my roof line, and 14 LED bulbs along a second location close by.
    Theoretically, can I cut the three wires that run between two light bulb sockets on a string of C9 LED lights (The bulbs do not unscrew out of the sockets.), and splice in 5 feet of compatible wire for each of the three wires?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Creating a visual gap between light sockets on an LED C9 Christmas light string

yes that should work just fine. just be sure to do each wire one at a time so you don't mix them up. also use double walled/glue lined heat shrink on each solder joint.
    Joel

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Creating a visual gap between light sockets on an LED C9 Christmas light string

Quote Originally Posted by Joelene Henriques View Post
    I want to run 11 LED bulbs along a certain location of my roof line, and 14 LED bulbs along a second location close by.
    Theoretically, can I cut the three wires that run between two light bulb sockets on a string of C9 LED lights (The bulbs do not unscrew out of the sockets.), and splice in 5 feet of compatible wire for each of the three wires?
    Quote Originally Posted by rcktpwrd View Post
    yes that should work just fine. just be sure to do each wire one at a time so you don't mix them up. also use double walled/glue lined heat shrink on each solder joint.
    And I would add to stagger the cuts. This adds a margin of safety and also avoids all the insulation and heatshrink piling up in one lump.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 with multiple Falcon Pi Players

256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX, 2 E681 & 4 E6804 Sandevices, 1 PiCap Falcon Controller,
    Mighty Mini RGB Spots, Pixel Strips, Pixel Nodes, CoroFlakes with Pixel Modules, 10" RGB Ornaments, 2 pixel matrix 16x25,
    TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Pixel RGB RBLs, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control