Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Gemmy Flex tech lights

I know its been a lot of discussion on this subject in DIYCsite. but I was wondering if anyone had figured how hack these to work with LOR. Or am I just going into dream world thinking it could happen

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Gemmy Flex tech lights

rooster from thge gremmy flex techs i had why bother the leds in them are so small and dim thay are only good if your only 3 foot away from them
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    rooster from the gremmy flex techs i had why bother the leds in them are so small and dim thay are only good if your only 3 foot away from them
    I agree Mike. And by the time you buy a controller, you might as well buy some pixels. They are getting so cheap in the group buys, it's hard to waste time on some of the old hacks of weak commercial offerings. I bought about 250 GECEs through a couple different deals, and I'm even wondering if that was a good idea or not .. Maybe marginal savings at best.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

denny the best time to buy the geces is after Christmas.i got 18 25 node strings for someone this year for 12.50 a box.thats gonna be hard to beat.But as far as the flex tech strips go i had 2 short display strings and 1 white and another multi strip i was going to try and hack but after i saw how small the leds were i gave up on that idea and your right the prices are falling on good strips kinda makes it a moot point.
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Already bought my GECEs .. Got a nice deal from Shannon Santa
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control