Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default wondering

I am inquiring to all the ones that know more than I. would these be compatible to ccrs; 5m/roll 150leds DC12V IP65 SMD5050 strip lights+44keys rgb IR remote controller+powe adaptor

if not what would be? i'm still a little confused about these.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: wondering

for my money id use the ws 2811 and if using out doors go with a higher ip rating
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by rooster423 View Post
    I am inquiring to all the ones that know more than I. would these be compatible to ccrs; 5m/roll 150leds DC12V IP65 SMD5050 strip lights+44keys rgb IR remote controller+powe adaptor

if not what would be? I'm still a little confused about these.
    If you are looking for CCR replacements to replace the internal strip of bad CCRs, the two things you have to match exactly are the controller chip and the voltage. CCRs were out long before the 2811 existed, so it's going to be an older vintage chip that they designed their controller to run. I don't own any CCRs, but assume they are 12V.

I have seen discussion that LOR wires their R, G, and B channels in a different order. But that just means you have to move the wires around to match LOR's 3-channel assignments.

Let me do some checking on DIYC .. That's where the discussions have taken place.

If you are just looking to go with strips that are like the CCRs, then there are quite a few choices. The important thing is to get at least IP67 which is like the CCRs with the loose strip inside the silicon jacket. IP68 is better with fully gel filled jackets.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i'm not looking to replace any ccr's. i'm just looking for something kinda similar to use. was looking at ray's site and saw those. but anything advise ya'll can give is great, thanks

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

the 2811 will run with the 68x line of controllers id stay with the 12 volt ones the 2811 is plenty bright just like the ccr jus order the rgb orientation you want whether rgb ,grb,brg, ect i have done a side by side and thay look the same.
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by rooster423 View Post
    i'm not looking to replace any ccr's. i'm just looking for something kinda similar to use. was looking at ray's site and saw those. but anything advise ya'll can give is great, thanks
    The controller Mike is talking about is from SanDevices. They make a 4 output version and a 16 output version. Once you know how many strips you want to buy then you need to plan the power. 12v pixel strips cost a little more but you can get away without having to inject power back into the far end. 5V strips usually need power injecting. Lastly you need to plan how the wiring will be organized .. such as will you used pigtails on the controller and how long will your extension cords need to be. Once you get all this then you can make a purchase list. It's always good to have others review your purchase list to make sure you don't leave anything out.

The SanDevices controllers can be purchased low cost as a kit or fully wired. And they even offer a fully designed version mounted in a box with everything you need (at premium cost) ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control