Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Seeking Warm White LED Icicle Strings

Anybody have any left over cases of these ? I am looking for around 110 ft or so .. Helen is decorating the house during my year off. And now she's decided she wants Icicles. I figure this might be a long shot .. My backup plan is to buy some incandescent ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Seeking Warm White LED Icicle Strings

Sams club has warm white LED's. Only half wave, but better than nothing. Get them after November 26th, then go back in 30 days when the price changes to get 50% back.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    Sams club has warm white LED's. Only half wave, but better than nothing. Get them after November 26th, then go back in 30 days when the price changes to get 50% back.
    Interesting .. I wonder if BJs has them also ? Good idea. I'll stop by there tomorrow or Wednesday to take a look.

We are not members of Sams ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Interesting .. I wonder if BJs has them also ? Good idea. I'll stop by there tomorrow or Wednesday to take a look.

We are not members of Sams ..
    Our BJ's doesn't have any good lighting. Sams club takes the cake in that book.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    Our BJ's doesn't have any good lighting. Sams club takes the cake in that book.
    unfortunately Sams in not convenient to us anymore. They closed the store in Cary. BJs was the closest so we joined them .. I'll still stop by to check. I don't think BJs offers the refund for 30 days price change tho .
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

unfortunately Sams in not convenient to us anymore. They closed the store in Cary. BJs was the closest so we joined them .. I'll still stop by to check. I don't think BJs offers the refund for 30 days price change tho .
    I completely understand. We used to be a "Sams only" family since the times of business only membership. The clientele that they cater to has changed and we find that BJ's has more deals. We still keep both as they have vastly different stock as Christmas Lights are one example.

I went on the website to find them and was unable to. They may have discontinued the icicle lights this year. I haven't been to Sams since last year.

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny -

There is a Sam's just south of I-40 on South Saunders. Also usually one of the best places in the Raleigh area to buy gas - quite often 15-20 cents a gallon cheaper than Cary.

And they are just a few blocks away from the Holiday Light Store over on Wilmington Street, which should be open on Saturdays now.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    Denny -

There is a Sam's just south of I-40 on South Saunders. Also usually one of the best places in the Raleigh area to buy gas - quite often 15-20 cents a gallon cheaper than Cary.

And they are just a few blocks away from the Holiday Light Store over on Wilmington Street, which should be open on Saturdays now.
    Yes, but none of them are close enough to us that we would want to buy a membership .. So I don't have a membership to buy stuff there. I went to BJs and they had a TON of net lights (I have no idea why) .. probably people who do the ordering who have no idea what they are buying. They had ZERO icicles. It was a ridiculous selection.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Net lights, huh? Yeah, don't see a whole lot of use for those things. Use once, and then they stay tangled up until you salvage the bulbs out of them and recycle the wire.

We let our BJ's membership expire; we have Sam's. More of the Sam's Clubs around in the various directions we go, and couldn't justify both of them for just the two of us.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Costco?

They had lights when we looked a few weeks ago- haven't been there since.

They also have crappy locations (for Cary), but they are building a new location in apex on hwy64- yay!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Is there an Ollies store near you? Our Ollies had some LED Icicle lights the last time I was there and they were water proof and water resistant.
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by duke View Post
    Is there an Ollies store near you? Our Ollies had some LED Icicle lights the last time I was there and they were water proof and water resistant.
    Yes, my wife checked there and only saw cool white <yuk color>. I don't understand why the stores stock up on the darned cool white and bright blue LED lights. They look so horrible (at least to me) .. The warm white look very close to incandescent ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny,

I drove by your place on Wednesday. It looked amazing even without the music. I think you still have more lights than me!

I just use incandescent icicle lights myself. Most of the incandescent ones are low wattage, or 1/3 amp for 200 lights (instead of the standard 1/3 amp per 100). Why the need for LEDs?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yes, my wife checked there and only saw cool white <yuk color>. I don't understand why the stores stock up on the darned cool white and bright blue LED lights. They look so horrible (at least to me) .. The warm white look very close to incandescent ..
    We are just the opposite, I like the cool white better than the warm white.
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas