Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Strobes

Quote Originally Posted by SWood View Post
    Did you hear that @Rupert? Al's talking that engineering jibberish again.
    Yak, yak, yak. The boy needs to shut up and go hunting. Maybe we can git Mike's rolling elevator shiskabob and drag his but out. We could charge that shiskaboberator threw the woods and snag us some dear.
    Whizzing in Winter. My favorite song.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

So I put a c7 on the line, I have 5 LED strobes, I start to get the LED's to light up at 1% power.... Any ideas?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gebhardt View Post
    So I put a c7 on the line, I have 5 LED strobes, I start to get the LED's to light up at 1% power.... Any ideas?
    Well when apply the shimmer effect they start at 17% and at 12% for twinkle... Even if I pre-charge for 2 seconds they still are fairly in sync.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gebhardt View Post
    Well when apply the shimmer effect they start at 17% and at 12% for twinkle... Even if I pre-charge for 2 seconds they still are fairly in sync.
    I have no experience with LED Strobes as I went with Xenon, but I actually wanted them all to blink at once. It was for a "camera flash" effect, HOWEVER, what I learned should help you out with LED strobes.

First and foremost, I would recommend NEVER putting anything other than 0% or 100% power on the strobes at any time. They have a capacitor discharge circuit inside that if not given the proper voltage will fail prematurely (Same as Martha Stewart LED strings from Home Depot). To pre-charge my strings to make them random what I did was "guess and check" the time I could give the string 100% power without discharging a strobe. This 3-4 timing block charge at 100% power will partially charge the capacitor circuits to separate amounts. To get the random effect, do this about 1/2 to a full second before your main discharge where you apply 100% again.

This should give you the random effect that you are looking for even with LED strobes.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Interesting stuff .. I never heard of Guess and Check. It must be a Vixen thing. I am curious what would be similar in LOR ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Good Day.

I purchased a strand of 25 strobes for my display this year. They are being used as part of my grid this year. They seem to all fire at once when they are turned on but then they go in random cycles after that. Will see how they behave with my show this year.