Thread: LED Holiday Lighting

wbottomley

Default LED Holiday Lighting

Received an email from them today.

2011 Updates and Information
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Greetings - we hope each and everyone of you had a fun and safe holiday
    season and wish all of you a wonderful 2011. We are happy to announce some changes in our business operations which will result in more efficient handling of your orders in 2011.

As many of you know, LED Holiday Lighting had a dealing with a very unscrupulous customer that put us out of 10's of thousands of dollars. For the past two years, we have been trying very hard to recover and offer the best products we could at competitive pricing. As a small business, it has been a struggle and we realized we needed to get help by partnering with another company who is well established in
    the industry. We have decided to partner with one of our biggest supporters through all of this. This will ensure that we can provide the best customer service with prompt processing of your orders and timely delivery on all products.

For the 2011 season, all of LED Holiday Lighting's shipping operations, product delivery, and payment processing will be handled by Reinders Inc. in WI. Reinders Inc. has been in business since 1866. They have been selling holiday lighting products since the 1950's and became a direct importer and wholesale distributor of holiday lighting products in 2002. They have an excellent reputation in the industry of providing prompt customer service and delivering the highest quality products available. All online transactions will be handled with their products which will be expanded upon to include several other items besides just LED Christmas lighting products.

All communication will be handled via the online help desk on our website. If anyone has any questions, they can respond to this email or click the "contact us" link on the website. If anyone has any outstanding issues before today (not including warranty), that will be handled by Travis who is still working to resolve any issues in a timely
    manner. Please do not contact Reinder's directly and please continue to use the contact methods listed on the site.

WARRANTIES:
    The email Travis sent out about Warranties is still correct and valid however we do need you to ship the product to us and we will ship replacement product at no charge. All information has been provided from Travis on what warranty items you have and as the email stated, if the product is available now, we will ship it to you. Otherwise, we
    will send it when the 2011 inventory arrives.

Address for bad product:
    Reinders
    Attn: Brandon
    16250 W. Rogers Dr.
    New Berlin, WI 53151

1) Put LED Order number on outside of package
    2) We will check products for defects
    3) If any questions we will email you through help desk tool
    4) If product is available now for warranty exchange we will send
    5) if product is not available now we will enter a warranty order in the
    system for your and our tracking purposes.

PREORDERING:
    People have asked about "pre-ordering". It will not be handled or presented like it was in years past. We will be having an inventory reduction sale thru the end of
    April of all inventory on hand the online site will be updated Friday March 11th. All orders will be billed and shipped upon placement of your order. The pricing given for this sale is very good as led pricing is expected to go up about 20 to 25% for the 2011 season. The price increases expected for 2011 can be attributed to 3 main factors - copper is at an all time high, labor costs are up at the factories and fuel surcharges to import the product are being assessed at higher rates.

EARLY BIRD ORDERING:
    An "early bird" ordering program will take place over the summer once new inventory has arrived - this again will be similar to our presale. Once the order is placed, the billing and shipping will occur immediately. There will be no 50% down payment required and no waiting for your order to ship.

Thank you, and we look forward to working with you in 2011.
    I'm still not interested and the warranty is one BIG JOKE!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: LED Holiday Lighting

This is a shame that somone can not admit to there on wrong doings and actually blame there problems on a customer, having family ties in the paint business as a commercial contractor we are a small business also. One of our bigest products last year was the Winston Salem Downtown Ballpark in this awful job we were put on a almost one year hiatous in which time we were stuck sitting on almost $100,000 of payment owed to us and us still being obligated to our suppliers. But yet our customer service never faltered like this nor did we make other customers suffer at our hands because of actions by another, so I guess my thing is it is a shame that they think it is ok to blame another customer for their wn shortcomings and failures!

Now that my rant is over with I have spoken with Samuel Adams several times and is a good business person who has a desire to work with the communites. If any of you have ever had an bad dealings with Travis and would like to express your concerns to the supplier before he gets drug into some of Travis games here is his email address sadams@REINDERS.com like I said he is a good person and has always been very cooperative and I feel they should know the truth about one of there sellers before they end up caught up in Travis games.
    Last edited by rescue_653; 03-05-2011 at 01:43 AM.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Wow, this is very surprising. Reinders has always been an outstanding company to work with. I wonder how much due diligence went into this decision. I have a fairly good relationship with Laurie Riender. I may ask her about this.

I am not sure about the email Travis sent out about Warranties, as I have not used him for a few years, but I had a long discussion with Laurie about this. Turns out that Holiday Creations does have the 3yr warranty, but has abandon supporting the vendors on this. It is now up to the vendor to honor the warranty, not Holiday Creations or that is my understanding of the "new" and "latest" schnanigans from HC.
    Mark Zembruski
    www.WoodinvilleWonderland.com
    I have CLAP - Christmas Light Addiction Problem - Do You?
    ~ Christmas is not a time ~ Rather a state of mind ~

wbottomley

That would be interesting to hear Mark.

I wonder if they bought his business out?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I just hope that they run as far away as fast as they can FROM Travis.

(I had gotten the same Email. It's hard for me to figure out what part Travis wrote and what part Reinders wrote.)
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by wbottomley View Post
    That would be interesting to hear Mark.

I wonder if they bought his business out?
    I sent an email today, so we will see what she comes back with.
    Mark Zembruski

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Input from Laurie is that they are only managing his order processing and fulfillment. They are aware of his past issues and felt he had a large enough business base to make this work. Here is a quote from her:

"I think that most of the Planet Christmas members want to get good product, on time and at a fair price. Thatís where we can help Travis and hopefully help LED Holiday Lighting regain their reputation".
    Mark Zembruski

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    Input from Laurie is that they are only managing his order processing and fulfillment. They are aware of his past issues and felt he had a large enough business base to make this work. Here is a quote from her:

"I think that most of the Planet Christmas members want to get good product, on time and at a fair price. Thatís where we can help Travis and hopefully help LED Holiday Lighting regain their reputation".
    I'm not at all sure that LED Holiday Lighting can regain their reputation, even among some of Travis' hardcore customers. I hope Reinders can bring some sanity to this mess. Makes you kinda wonder why Travis doesn't just sell the business outright.

David in Oklahoma