Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Full Wave Rectified LEDs

I noticed that the Martha Stewart brand of LED lights being sold at Home Depot are full wave rectified lights. These are the first retail LEDs I have seen that claim "Flicker Free" ... Go Martha ! The prices are not too bad. And very worth keeping an eye on the discounts for these. I am going to start looking daily because these stores don't wait for "after-Christmas" anymore ..
    Most of you know that I have been a big-time supporter of incandescents since joining this group. But recently I have decided that my display needs a mixture of LED lights to enhance some of my effects and REDUCE POWER. I added one section that needs 30 amps of power, and I'm already pulling 151 AMPs when fully on. OUCH! So I called Paul at CDI yesterday and made a sizable order for his full wave rectified Pro Grade LED lights. He's an awesome guy and considering the quality of his products, his prices are fantastic too! AND he gave me another 10% off just by reminding him I was a member of ChristmasCarolina.com ! I already have my shipping notice for two large boxes and he's getting them here by Monday for me ! Awesome ...
    I really enjoyed getting those 50 bulb LED strings for 33 cents. I have placed them inside about 30 blowmolds (wound around PVC pipe so there's no shadow). They really SPARK UP the look of the blowmolds, at least TWICE as bright compared with the 60 watt bulbs. Sadly those 50-bulb 33-cent LEDs are single rectifier. I can slightly see the flicker and my son can see it all the time. I also noticed that they do not DIM down smoothly compared with their full wave counterparts. So next year I will be tearing all the blowmolds apart to update the LEDs to full wave. I have not ordered those lights yet.
    I will discuss more about my "new" LEDs fro Paul after the season ends. I think I've found a good formula for where to use the good quality LEDs and where to keep the incandescents for my house "style."

Now I can commiserate with both sides of the argument !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Full Wave Rectified LEDs

I've got some of the GEs, but haven't used them yet. I thought I heard someone say they were non-flicker. Must have been a mistake.

I got a bunch of good stuff from Paul this year at his sale. Already thinking about what colors to get for next year's sale. Of course, that means more controllers, too!
    - Scott M.