Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Buzz Box

I bought a buzz box back during the summer and may I say on a newer strand of lights its a miracle press the button and hey the lights work again the older the strands a little more tricky but still you here it arc a couple times locate the socket and away you go. If anyone has ever questioned getting one it is well worth it

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Buzz Box

Where ? I know people have talked about them but I don't recall seeing any links to where they are for sale. What did you pay ? I spent over an hour and was NOT successful in reviving one of my icicle sets ..

Is this the same unit ?

http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/p/...ource=Shopping
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

If you buy one of the boxes then you need to read the instruction sheet as the device will only work on one or the two circuits of a 100 light string at once. You have to remove a bulb on the known good circuit. There isn't enough energy to go through good strings.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

That is simular to the one I got and right around the same cost. The one I got has the plug, switch, and test button on top. Honestly I feel your pain on the icicles that is the reason two seasons ago I converted my icicles to LED which has been a two fold positive, which was no more running cords everywhere to break the strands up and I have not had a single one fail yet! But let me find the link to the box I got and I will get it to you.