Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Magnetic C7 - C9 Christmas Light Stringers and Spools

Came across this product on 1000bulbs.com web site. Great concept except where would you use it on a residential application. All our windows, siding or gutters are aluminum, wood or vinyl.

https://www.1000bulbs.com/category/l...mas-stringers/

wbottomley

Default Re: Magnetic C7 - C9 Christmas Light Stringers and Spools

Dave, those sockets look pretty good.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Magnetic C7 - C9 Christmas Light Stringers and Spools

You use them to attach lights (and strobes) to your megatree center pipe. That way your tree center (trunk) can change colors just as the "limbs" do. Especially good when you are using the retro LED bulbs since the tips will face the audience and therefore appear at their brightess.

Another use is laying out a ground grid. First layout steel pallet banding strips (real cheap to buy and roll up for storage) on the ground, then just "drop" the bulb sockets onto the banding. Much faster then using ground stakes. Same for roof grids.

And also can be used on wireframes for attaching C7 and C9 lamps, again faster then using clips or zip ties, and take down for storage is easier when the string and bulbs can be stored separate from the wireframe.

Big Lots and Harbor Freight (just to name two) sell steel garden trellis ( and other decorative steel garden items) real cheap. Quick and easy way to decorate these kinds of things. (or wrought iron pieces from Lowes or Home Depot) Use several "walk through" garden arches set spanning a sidewalk, the lights attach real quick, and presto another unique decorative display element. Much easier then building PVC sidewalk arches and zip tieing or winding lights.

I'm sure there are some other uses around the house for decorating, but these were the most obvious to me at first glance of the product. Just think "out of the box", and pay no attention to the mfg recommended uses, after all, we are DECORATORS and are CREATIVE.

Might as well go ahead and place my order for some, I've got 175 retro LED bulbs I need to put to good use for something other then just in window candles.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs