Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Strobes: CDI vs CLS

John, thank you. I am pretty sure the strobes will pass but for the sake of the group this is important.

Did I mention that you have to wear an aluminum hat? Or I forgot that too. Keep that flux capacitor away from yourself. It makes you hang out with an ex-wife. You can hang out with mine if you want. She wears aluminum hats too. You could put strobes in her ice box too.
    Al

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Wait, I thought about this testing some more. We need a webcam in your fridge. It could be quite beneficial. We could tell you when your beer is running low. You could put the webcam on a robot like NASA did for the Mars probe. We could drive it around your house and get you a drink and stuff.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    Wait, I thought about this testing some more. We need a webcam in your fridge. It could be quite beneficial. We could tell you when your beer is running low. You could put the webcam on a robot like NASA did for the Mars probe. We could drive it around your house and get you a drink and stuff.
    I already have a wireless webcam mounted on my upstairs Roomba Robo Vac. Would that work? It doesn't know how to open the refrigerator though to check the beer inventory.

Speaking of which, I had an email this morning from George. He's the little guy that lives in the frig that turns the light on when you open the door and off when you close it. He wants me to put in a service call, because he thinks that switch he flips is broken. He can flip it one way and the strobe turns off, but then it comes right back on, so he flips the switch again, and the same thing happens. Poor George, his fingers are getting tired and he can't even get any sleep in the middle of the night, like he's used to!
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Tell George the Mormons are invading and the strobes are camouflage. Driving a Roomba is like driving a Toyota except for the yelling and screaming as you crash into the car in front of you at 100 MPH. Could you mount some small caliber guns on Roomba, so we can deal with George? Refrigerator piercing rounds will do just fine. I hate whiners.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Well, lacking a detailed "TEST PROTOCOL FOR XENON STROBES", other then fashioning an aluminum foil dunce hat that must be important or something, here's what I'll do, since almost 26 hours of continous flashing hasn't broken either one, each time I walk by one or the other, I'll change it's power state.

If it has been on for an extended period (generating whatever small amount of heat) I'll unplug it. On the next trip by, I'll plug it back in. And that's about all I'll commit to at this point, other then making sure I have my "LED studded aluminum foil dunce hat" on at the time.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

wbottomley

Video #2 will come Saturday night.

Outdoors.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Al in Raleigh View Post
    Tell George the Mormons are invading and the strobes are camouflage. Driving a Roomba is like driving a Toyota except for the yelling and screaming as you crash into the car in front of you at 100 MPH. Could you mount some small caliber guns on Roomba, so we can deal with George? Refrigerator piercing rounds will do just fine. I hate whiners.
    Since I just might be Mormon, George already knows all about them. And no, no weapons on the Roomba. If my home automation system, the Ocelot module in particular, that sends the infared commands that control the Roomba should malfunction...........

well the Roomba could be in the living room, or the bedroom, or ...... whichever room it was scheduled to proceed to when it undocks, depending on the day of the week.
    Last edited by John; 05-28-2010 at 10:02 PM.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by wbottomley View Post
    Video #2 will come Saturday night.

Outdoors.
    Fantastic! May I make a suggestion, video all three both head on like previous, but also mounted vertical so we see a side illumination. (Gosh, I'm starting to sound like Al, trying to direct a volunteer to do something my way)

(This thread is starting to remind me of some of the ones from the old days back on SCL, starts off serious, gets off track with foolish stuff, gets serious again, etc. Still it hasn't reached 26 or 27 pages yet like some of those did!)
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

wbottomley

Matter of fact.... I'm going to shoot it now.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Is it ready yet? Been 20 minutes !
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

wbottomley

Importing video now. Then will do a quick edit.

10:36--exporting.
    10:49--uploading.

wbottomley

You may have to wait for Vimeo to process the video....

But, here it is and turn your audio on.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I thought you WERE a Plus member? For some reason, I thought you upgraded so you wouldn't have the weekly High Definition limit!
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

wbottomley

Remember, I'm cheap, lol.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Oh yeah, I forgot! (That's why you bought 48 kazillion controllers, and spend your hard earned money providing sites like this so I can make a bunch of useless posts - Thank You)
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com