Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: 4 PC Controllers For Sale

If there's an odd one left, I will buy one unit as a spare, unless Scott wants all three.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

wbottomley

Scott got all three. I have the CTB-16D's available.

Darren, those are from another person. The one's I bought from you have been put to good use.

xLights or BUST in 2018 kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks William. I saw the 16Ds. And they are a great deal since they are higher quality than the the others. But I prefer having a backup unit that is cased and wired ready to go. I'm flat out of extra time to have to do that myself ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

wbottomley

No problem.

If I come up with any extras.... I'll let you know.

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Unhappy Re: 4 PC Controllers For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by wbottomley View Post
    Well, it's official. Got screwed by this guy. He originally sent me a PM saying he would sell them to me and send me info about the shipping. A day or two later (after I PM'd him since I hadn't heard anything yet), he said his wife might have sold them at work. I kept waiting and asking what was up. A week later, he's finally gotten payment and he's officially sold them out from under me. Left him a PM about how I was disappointed that he would sell them out from under me after promising to sell them to me, how that doesn't build trust among fellow display enthusiasts, etc. I also reported his post to the PC team to let them know.

So I'm back to buying everything that our favorite controller hog has to offer or waiting til the LOR sale coming up sometime soon. We'll just have to see...

Just disappointing to get treated that way by a fellow human being. But I understand that that's why most of you guys are here and not hanging out at PC much anymore these days. Anyway, that's enough moping for now... I have trees to make. Thanks for listening...
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Did you get your money back? I hope he atleast gave you that back.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I would also like to make a post on PC about the guy Scott. Can you PM me a link to where this discussion is on PC. I will give them an earful about the guy too. I would like to encourage many of you fellow CC members to also consider posting on PC about this guy .. !! I will let everyone know where you can join me in bashing him, if you are willing.

I will also send a request to PC to get him dropped from their site. Or if we're lucky they have already taken that action....
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Unhappy Re: 4 PC Controllers For Sale

I'm not interested in retribution so please don't spam, blast or whatever the guy. I've heard back already from the moderators and, as I thought, they can't do much.

I hadn't given him any money so no loss there. Just frankly disappointed in how he handled it. At least he was letting me know along the way that he was selling them to someone else. Just "unfair" how he handled the transaction.

Again, thanks for listening and being a decent bunch of guys. Except Al...
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I sent a PM to the PC lead moderator. I described the situation and my option about the guy .. and of course asked that he be dropped from their site. I also asked if I could start a post describing the guy as using PC for his dishonest behavior. I decided I would not want to do that without the "lead" knowing about it first. I will let you know what he has to say.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Chuck and his moderators on PC don't seem to want to police things quite like that. They typically don't ban folks for very long, if at all.

There had been at least one person several years ago that burned more than 2 or 3 folks on blowmold sales. He was caught lying, not shipping stuff after being paid, and telling all kinds of stories. I think he got banned for a little while, but is now back on PC. Chuck tries to be "family friendly" and so will put someone in a timeout chair for a week or so, but only if you post something bad. Reports of bad behavior off site on sales of stuff don't usually get too much response.

That's part of the reason why I only frequent certain areas of PC, and leave all the rest alone.

William probably has other stories that he might tell you - if you get him to drink from the red cups for awhile....
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Well it certainly seems we run an honest ship here...thanks to William. If we get any bad dealers here, I hope we erase their login privileges.

I am still poking at them for satisfaction. It's a shame they can't keep their site honest !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole