Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Energy Star Appliance rebate

Al, quit trying to make sense. Buying the houses wouldn't buy the votes. Plus think of the naming rights. They can spend a few thousand on a $100 signs saying "Your Tax Dollars At Work" then replace it in a few years when they're done with a "<insert politician name here> Culvert" sign, similar to the "Senator Robert C. Byrd Bridge/Tunnel/Highway/Road/Sidewalk/Public Restroom/Library" in West Virginia.

After all, what's more important, financial common sense or monuments to politicians?

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Energy Star Appliance rebate

Alrighty then. The NC givermint has announced that I can get $300 each for a new super duper furnace and AC as part of the NC energy efficient appliance rebate program part deux. On top of that the feds are giving me $1500. Folks that ain't quite what I had in mind. My fridge rebate was better than that. So, please find a paypal link at the bottom so you can make a donation to my super duper furnace and AC. This way you just cut the givermint out of the picture and help me buy a super duper HVAC system. I'll be saving all kinds of energy. And it will be green too. No, really the manufacturers paint them green. In addition, you can pay for my furnace instead of your children and great grand children. The givermint really let me down on this. I'm applying for food stamps too.

The phone lines are open.