Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Animated Lighting

Is everyone on this forum LOR users or do we have any AL users?

50% off
    Light Shows
    and Songs!

Animated Lighting's El Cheapo Deal

Animated Lighting wants to continue stimulating the economy. We're offering items at rock bottom prices to clear our warehouses. No rainchecks or backorders but a really good price.

What did we find for February 24, 2010?

When was the last time you checked the Animated Lighting list of pre-programmed shows? By our count there are almost 200 and the number just keeps growing. See the latest at our website. Imagine these tunes making the lights dance around your place any time of the year.
    Our off-the-shelf lightshows are 50% off only through the end of this month. Decide the ones you want, give us a call at 816-941-0400 and the elves will have them heading your way almost immediately.

Want the elves to sequence a song not on the list? Call us and we'll talk. The typical new song runs $175.

Want custom start/stop times, program breaks, special triggers or something else unique? We'll have to charge you a little but we're listening and the elves are in an accommodating mood.

Interested? You should be! You can only order light shows by telephone so call us now at 816-941-0400 to tell us what you want. This special pricing ends when the elves start complaining and they can be a surly group..

Best Wishes!
    The El Cheapo Deal Team at Animated Lighting
    This is a limited time offer because of limited inventory. No rainchecks. No backorders.
    When they're gone they're gone.

Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Animated Lighting

Larry,
    As I think you know, I'm an AL user. I have moved away from using AL's brain, and their software, but have lots of their hardware (19 controllers). I'm using LightShow Pro as my software. I've started adding DIY built controllers to the mix with DMX.
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hi Mark:

I thought I was going to get a chance to see your display this year but when my display is up, it is hard to get away to see anyone else's.

It looks like the most everyone uses LOR. I guess because of the price difference and they have grown and expanded as a company over the last few years.

If I remember right you were the one that got me to go with AL and introduced me to Paul Smith. Most of my display is static. I just have the 3 controllers with monster brains. With my display being so large It is a year long job keeping everything repaired and operating to do too much synchronizing of lights. So how do you like LightShow Pro compared to AL's Animation Director?
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas

xLights or BUST in 2018 kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Larry, when I ran my house with about 10,000 bulbs running static - - I would go through about 5 to 7 bulbs a night, mostly C7s and C9s but a lot of minis also. When I sequenced the whole house, my power bill went down by more than half and I blew out 5 or 6 bulbs for the whole month of December ! These controllers actually keep the light filiments from getting too hot .. so the bulbs last much longer !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Larry, when I ran my house with about 10,000 bulbs running static - - I would go through about 5 to 7 bulbs a night, mostly C7s and C9s but a lot of minis also. When I sequenced the whole house, my power bill went down by more than half and I blew out 5 or 6 bulbs for the whole month of December ! These controllers actually keep the light filiments from getting too hot .. so the bulbs last much longer !
    I know, all of you guys with your whole display sequenced save a lot on your power bills and bulbs. They are nice to watch and most of the displays you can see the whole display from the street but with our display I can only have some things synchronized. Our display covers over 2 acres. We have a parking lot that will hold about 40 cars and our visitors park and walk through the display. We have anywhere from 200 to 600 people walk through each night on lighted trails. When I started my display in 1966 there we no chasing lights or computerized electronics. I made my own chasing lights putting 4 strings of C7 lights together and building motorized controllers to sequence the lights. I used a lot of the old magnetic relays and built a controller using metal plates with a motor revolving a copper sweep arm making contact with the metal plates. Our display is so spread out and is so diverse it would be impossible to sequence the whole display.
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

AL is still around? kidding!

xLights or BUST in 2018 kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Some great points Larry. I would love to see your display one day. I am so tied down to my system when it running, it was hard to even spend one night driving around looking at the local guy's displays. We drove for about 5 hours just to see the ones in Holly Springs, Garner, Clayton, Wendell, and Raleigh. My wife was not real happy that evening because too much time between each display, and a full tank of gas...

But your point also hits home with me that if I want to keep a strong focalpoint for my house, I need to expand more with color control and less with display gadgets <after this year of course>.

But I still want a full RGB roof someday. 12" spacing would be fine, but 6" spacing would be even better !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Caudill View Post
    AL is still around? kidding!
    AL is still around, and evidently doing OK with lots of commercial business. They always struggled with trying to accommodate the hobbyist/home user, since their strength was in doing the "big" stuff. Their HW is used at Disney, although not their software, but that's not uncommon with large accounts like that.

Since the market is maturing and more sophisticated things are possible for less money. However, the big accounts will still want to deal with someone like AL.

I haven't talked with AL in over a year, but hear from folks every so often about things...
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!