Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Cheap Network Cable Tester (Cat5) $6.99 free shipping

OFF TOPIC WARNING !~!!!!

Hey Jim,

Are you going to try to make it up to Charlotte for the convention ?

If so, would you be able to pick up one of those coro cutters that you had in Atlanta couple of years ago? I think you mentioned the place was fairly close to where you lived. What was it, around $10 or so?

If you do make it up to Charlotte, maybe we can try to build another mega-tree in the motel courtyard. Maybe they won't threaten to throw us out like they did in Atlanta!
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I am hoping to come up for the convention, I had a great time last year. Just waiting for a confirmed date and location. I do not remember how much the CORO CLAW was, but I think maybe $12. I got mine at a distributor of Coro for sign shops and they are only a mile from my house. You might try the yellow pages for a sign supply shop in your area and let your fingers do the walking. It only works great when cutting along the splines and not across them. Using a sharp razor knife and a good steel ruler will work just as well.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, GA

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yeah baby. My finely crafted network cable adapter arrived today. I opened the box and decided to install a brand new 9 volt battery and immediately broke the battery compartment, sliding, stuck, door thing. No worries though, I duct taped it together after putting in a battery. The instructions are in Chinenglish, so I figured out that green light is good and red or no light is bad which isn't so bad. Even a caveman could figure that out. It does what it said it would do even when duct taped.
    Al

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I take it that this is a device you wouldn't want to accidentally drop? For intermittant light duty use it's probably well worth the money, even if you have to add the cost of some duct tape. It's a quick easy test if a controller starts acting up out in the yard.

I had a problem with the second controller during my Halloween display; a 3 minute check with my tester showed it to be a poor crimp on one end that went bad, not a controller issue. That 3 minutes included opening the cases, unplugging the cable from the ctrollers and plugging it into the test devices. Everything worked great after I put a new end on it. I could have done that in place, but for that cable it was easier to remove it and bring it inside to work on it.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Mine showed up today. Al was right, it's a very cheap box, and the battery door doesn't slide very well. I couldn't find a 9 v battery, but did try to open it up to check.

But for $7 shipped, I can't complain.

I did order a refurb Logitech wireless kybd/laser mouse. It came in a taped up retail box - no quickstart paper included, but the keyboard/mouse work great! For $35 for both the keybd/mouse and tester shipped, I couldn't beat the price. I love Logitech keyboards and this one replaced a hardwired keyboard that I had to use since my last wireless unit broke a few months back.
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!