Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: After Christmas Specials

Al -

You didn't take the year off; you just refocused your priorities. If you took the year off, we wouldn't see you here, and John wouldn't see you in his yard. But then, you're planning on John not seeing you in his yard, correct? Just the results of you having been in his yard? 75-90% of his display?

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    Al -

You didn't take the year off; you just refocused your priorities. If you took the year off, we wouldn't see you here, and John wouldn't see you in his yard. But then, you're planning on John not seeing you in his yard, correct? Just the results of you having been in his yard? 75-90% of his display?
    Correct on all counts.

wbottomley

Well... I'm happy as a pig in slop!

Just bought another two cases of lights (blue) at Walmart in Va.

This ugly blue around here is getting replaced.

As far as the mega-trees go, I hope to have enough cash to replace the blue incandescents with LED's (music to Paul's ears).

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We did so darned much planning, our house design is exactly what we want. We're nearly ready to commit to making some arches for next year as the main new display. And probably some coroplast shooting stars - - they are just too simple to pass up as a great effect for the ending of the Star Spangled Banner. Beyond that, we mostly want to get more channel control of colors... first objective is to get red and blue icicles for the whole house, approximately 200 lighted feet of each. I have also learned that I need to get some accurate measurements into my spreadsheet, so I can use it for planning these darned lights.

I am going to try real hard to shoot some videos starting tonight. So far we've not had a single minute where there were not at least 5 or 6 cars parked in front. But with some people going back to work, I could get some breaks tonight or tomorrow night <fingers crossed>.

Mel, I need to arrange to meet with you this week for my crash course in Adobe Premier .. ! What's a good day and time for you ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

UPDATE - My wife found a Walmart today that had BLUE LED icicles, 70ct with 9' lighted length. $4.99 each She grabbed 21 sets and figured with that kind of discount we'll take a chance on dimming. I have an extra channel, so I might add them all across the bottom of the house as one channel and mess around with them this week. At least if I blow them up now, then we'll know we still need blue Ice.

So I am still searching for red icicles. LED icicles are preferred since we are going to use LED for the blue. I am keeping the incandescent for our white ice (for now).

Sidebar - I have been captured by a bunch of Christmas nuts. I fell into a big deep hole that they had secretly dug, specifically to capture vulnerable people. I have befriended them to gain their confidence. And with luck I might try for an escape later this week. I have not seen much of my friends at the dock for the past few months, and they have offered to throw me a line and haul me out. :-)
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny,
    We're glad you found us, or that we trapped you...but remember, do what you want when you want to...except at Christmas, of course!

Like you, I think I've found the correct setup for my house/yard as far as lights go.

I need to work on the sequencing for next year - don't plan to change much as far as layout, except to probably add the blue icicles, and replace the mini's on trees and some wireframes with LED's.

Mark
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

It looks like our display is going to triple in size next season. Today we purchased all of The Blue Ridge Festival of Lights Display that was located in Woodlawn Virginia. They had 750,00 lights, large commercial wireframes,lights, buildings, trees, arches, and other figures.
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas

wbottomley

WHAT!

I wondered about them. They are located about 35 minutes from me.

Larry... I'm coming by to see you!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

So when are you coming over this season or next season?
    It is a 45 min. drive for us to Woodlawn VA.
    Yes, it is true. It is going to be overwhelming as we do not know the amount of wireframes that we are getting as some are still packed in trucks. What we saw driving through the display we were impressed with. We are going tomorrow to help take it down. We drove through and saw what is up and it is a lot of stuff. Good thing we aquired two more tobacco barns for storage last month we bought more land so now have a total of 5 acres on the corner of HWY 268 E and Sechrist Loop Road. Our parking lot was full at one point last night. We had 409 visitors sign our guestbook last night. The channel 12 coverage has really helped bring out people that had never been here before. Last year channel 2 came out and the year before channel 8 came out but the response from the Channel 12 news story was far greater than channel 2 or 8. That shows me that more people whatch channel 12 than the other news program. Tell Craig Thomas when you see him, Thanks for a great story and if he thought the display was big this year to come back next year.

"Family Gives Gift Of Lights To The
    Triad - Video - WXII The Triad"

The link:
    http://www.wxii12.com/video/22067975/?taf=gws
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas

wbottomley

Larry... Craig is a good friend and he's all around a great person.

How long are you going to be up and running?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We will have the display on every night until January 3rd. Sunday night January 3, 2010 will be the last night we will have them on this season.
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sounds like I'll be making another trip to Pilot Mountain! Congrats on the purchase!!!

Registered User LightsonBeasley's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Larry!! Congrats on the Purchase!! I am a Newbie here but have been on PC for about 3 years! I cant believe I missed you at Garden Ridge the other day I was scouting out Gboro stores starting at 6am the day after Christmas!

We have been by to see your display 3 years in a row now and hope to make it by before you shut down this season just been so busy with my display about 45mins away from you.

Looking forward to seeing your expansion for next year you have such a GREAT piece of property and spot on the highway!!

P.S. Saw Cameron Kent in Target yesterday and he was talking to someone about Pilot Mountain Christmas no lie...

Keep up the good work planning on stopping in myself this weekend!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

If you come by and I am not outside ring the doorbell and introduce yourself. We just got back from Virginia this afternoon. Went this morning and started taking down all of the lights at Blue Ridge Festival of lights. We got about half of them down.
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

wow can't imagine buying a commercial display much less having the storage and room to display it all. I can't imagine what your display is going to look like next year.