Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Cool LOR summer sale 8/23-8/31/17

The Light-O-Rama summer sale started today, prices are not as low as the spring mad grab sale but still decent...

LOR Summer Sale
    Joel

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: LOR summer sale 8/23-8/31/17

Quote Originally Posted by rcktpwrd View Post
    The Light-O-Rama summer sale started today, prices are not as low as the spring mad grab sale but still decent...

LOR Summer Sale
    Thanks for sharing .. typically LOR always has their best prices for the mad grab .. but with limited volumes.

LOR used to sell massive quantities of controllers but with the simplicity (and effects capabilities) of xLights, LOR is not the monster it once was. Still, they are the best controller for AC lights that money can buy. And they cater to non-technical users very well, since they are plug n play. I predict that there will be pixel show burnout one day soon. Then some people will go back to the classic look. Maybe even an incandescent resurgence.

I have a vision for my display to mix the two looks, and spread them out. Eventually I hope to have enough of each type to make a complete switch back and forth .. old look, new look. I'm sure it will take me a couple years to get that to happen well .. but I have the idea in my head for starters.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Thanks for sharing .. typically LOR always has their best prices for the mad grab .. but with limited volumes.

LOR used to sell massive quantities of controllers but with the simplicity (and effects capabilities) of xLights, LOR is not the monster it once was. Still, they are the best controller for AC lights that money can buy. And they cater to non-technical users very well, since they are plug n play. I predict that there will be pixel show burnout one day soon. Then some people will go back to the classic look. Maybe even an incandescent resurgence.

I have a vision for my display to mix the two looks, and spread them out. Eventually I hope to have enough of each type to make a complete switch back and forth .. old look, new look. I'm sure it will take me a couple years to get that to happen well .. but I have the idea in my head for starters.
    I love that idea Denny. I also want both in my display but not sure how to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by EricR View Post
    I love that idea Denny. I also want both in my display but not sure how to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pixels can fit in but they need to be dimmed down and the white needs to look like warm white incandescent. With my icicle matrix, I plane to make a sub model that will look like incan icicles, with the various different numbers of lights per drop. I am keeping my classic megatree but updating it to 64 strings (64 channels). My pixel megatree will be short .. just a little over 8ft. But will still be 32 strings of 50 bulb pixels with 2" spacing. I keep thinking of putting the pixel megatree in the middle of the classic megatree. But I can see maintenance issues with that. right now if I have a string go pad, I can crank down the whole tree and replace it. But if I mount the 8" pixel megatree in the middle of it, then I'd have to take down the whole pixel tree just to work on the classic tree .. Yuk ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control