Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOR SPRING MAD GRAB Sale is Tuesday April 7th at 9pm <sharp> !!!!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default LOR SPRING MAD GRAB Sale is Tuesday April 7th at 9pm <sharp> !!!!

They are claiming the lowest prices in the history.

Light O Rama - Lowest Prices in History!

I love the price of the completely assembled board with high power heatsinks for $119.95. In order to use this board you will need a CG1500 case, 16 SPT wires and female connectors, two power cords (I have a bunch if needed), and crimp connectors. I can also help with which crimp connectors you need to order. You would end up spending around $140 each for finished boards inside a case.

The next alternative up from that is the Card assempbled Complete Package for $175.95 This is also a great price. With this kit, the board is already mounted inside the LOR case. You have to insert the wires into the strain-relief holders at the bottom of the case and insert the already crimped wires onto their posts. It's not very complicated and LOR provides an instruction manual for step by step building. My son was building these for me when he was 12, so it's very doable. As I recall, it takes perhaps an hour to make each one. The only tools you need are pliers and a screwdriver.

Even the $199.95 price is a good one for a completely ready to go 16 channel controller. If you ever decide to sell out, there are always people willing to pay $200 for a LOR controller during the months of October and November !

I am really jazzed over the $260 kit of 8 RGB spots. In our group buys a few years ago we spent well over $300 to make 4 mighty mini spots. Things have come a long way since then. Keep in mind you still need a case and a power supply for this kit. But it's a pretty nice deal and always easy to sell off at about the same price, in case you don't like them.
    Last edited by kidcole; 04-01-2015 at 01:49 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: LOR SPRING MAD GRAB Sale is Tuesday April 7th at 9pm <sharp> !!!!

Anybody gonna buy anything ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Anybody gonna buy anything ?
    Not me. It appears there are less LOR users than before!
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    Not me. It appears there are less LOR users than before!
    Yup .. Frankly it was a bit more boring when we were all the same. Now we have a wide diverity of users .. both hardware and software .. Very cool!
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Joel is planning on ordering

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Got home late. Whew, everything I wanted is sold out. Now I don't have to add to my project list! Sweet!!!
    - Scott M.
    Likes Jack Stevens liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Did you guys get everything you needed?
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I ordered the software and the CTB16PC complete kit, so now we will have two controllers.
    Likes AnniesSS liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

sweet! Great way to get started. Though you'll end up needing two more controllers due to the addiction...
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Excellent .. these were great prices. There was a bunch of posting on the Facebook site that LOR was taking phone orders for the sale prices all during the day. I didn't try, so I don't know if that was fact or fiction.

The only item I may still need is one ELL .. if anyone wants to sell one.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Cool Re: LOR SPRING MAD GRAB Sale is Tuesday April 7th at 9pm <sharp> !!!!

I got in on the Mad Grab sale again this year, ordered two more controllers! Card Assembled (Complete Package) A little cheaper than last year too!
    Joel

Likes AnniesSS liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by rcktpwrd View Post
    I got in on the Mad Grab sale again this year, ordered two more controllers! Card Assembled (Complete Package) A little cheaper than last year too!
    Yes, those prices were the best in about 5 years ! I think LOR sales are declining due to competition from China pixels and some great freeware software alternatives. So they are finally competing (slightly) .. Of course their controllers are still the best (and highest power handling, and will still hold their value. And their software is a bargain considering the exceptional level of support they provide.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Likes rcktpwrd liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I was on line just minutes after it started. "Tried" to buy wire and male and female ends. Already sold out, only thing available were the male ends. I was really kind of let down.
    See more on our Facebook page we're working on!
    Wheeldon Family Lights:smiley

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

some things sell out very quickly during the sale. Maybe during the summer sale you can try again. That was a great price on wire for sure!
    Joel

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkboy2 View Post
    I was on line just minutes after it started. "Tried" to buy wire and male and female ends. Already sold out, only thing available were the male ends. I was really kind of let down.
    Sorry you missed them. The way to get what you want is to start refreshing the page a few minutes before 9pm. And keep it up about every 15 or 20 seconds. When the sale finally pops up, go immediately to buy what you want and immediately to checkout. A lot of things sell out in 5 minutes. It's always been that way.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole