Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: 2015 Presale Information

On the HLE site, I would be in for a few sets of lights but I don't think I can do a whole lot since I've spent a good amount of money so far on holiday clearances locally. So if you all can keep the conversation going on who's getting what, I will jump in and see where I can layout some cash.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

thanks for the reminder samy but i have a 1000 foot spool i bought last year and haven t touched yet
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

It appears that Radiant-Holidays is indeed having a pre-sale now, until January 15th. If you need wire or plugs, this is it. More info on https://www.facebook.com/wlcventures
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm gonna order a 1000 ft reel and some vampires if anyone else is let me knoe

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We'll need a 1000 feet of spt2, 3 bags of female plugs, 2 male, light keepers (1 incan and 1 led) and 4 cg 1500
    Clayton NC, Gregg Gusta & Son Ben, Was converting to LED lights gave up, went back to incan!! not a single pixel in sight!
    Like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gustafamilychristmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Holiday Coro sale starts Jan 29th.
    HolidayCoro.com - The Home of Orginal Coro Designs for Serious Holiday Decorators

They normally add items as the sale continues but are advertising these to start:
    50 node string of 2811 smart RGB 12v bulbs - $15.49 (reg 23.49)
    12v 350w power supplies - $18.99 (reg $35.99)
    Smart RGB pixel strips 12v 30 led/m 2811 waterproof $19.49 (reg $35.39)

Those strips are the same ones I had on my pixel tree and are an even cheaper price than last year. I think I paid $22.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplett View Post
    HolidayCoro.com - The Home of Orginal Coro Designs for Serious Holiday Decorators

They normally add items as the sale continues but are advertising these to start:

Those strips are the same ones I had on my pixel tree and are an even cheaper price than last year. I think I paid $22.
    Geez....

Your're REALLY not making it easy for me to talk myself out of a pixel strip tree for next year....

I was ALMOST out, then my wife and kids saw yours.... then I was back on the edge.... then decided i didnt really NEED it, then the price drop.... $#%#$%#$%#$%^$%^!!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    It appears that Radiant-Holidays is indeed having a pre-sale now, until January 15th. If you need wire or plugs, this is it. More info on https://www.facebook.com/wlcventures
    Looks like a couple requests so far. Is anyone owning the coordination for this one (wire, vampires and cases) ?

Ron, @rfallatt are you looking to join a group buy in this area or placing your own order ? I guess it might come down to whther there is an advantage or not.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Wow ! $250 for 16 strings .. plus power supply, E682 kit and wires .. an entire pixel megatree for $400 .. $700 for 32-string tree ! Plus the frame.

TIP: Be sure to buy some spare strings or strips and store them so you can replace your own bad pixels in the future. These same strings might not be available if the chips continue to change.

The 2801 pixels in my Coro Flakes are nearly obsolete. I have about 30 spares and fortunately the square tray type that I used ( 4 LEDs per tray) can be replaced one tray at a time. I lost one pixel a couple weeks ago but didn't have time to swap it up on the roof. So I wired past the bad one and I'm currently using one less pixel. Since it's inside the flake, it is not noticeable. I'll swap it out later ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Looks like a couple requests so far. Is anyone owning the coordination for this one (wire, vampires and cases) ?

Ron, @rfallatt are you looking to join a group buy in this area or placing your own order ? I guess it might come down to whther there is an advantage or not.
    I am looking to join a group buy if one take place. Most people here are from (more north) so if shipping and dissemination is a factor it might be better if someone else does it.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'd be in for some thinks. Just looking real quick I see:
    DIYLEDExpress - To keep costs down my first year I didn't use connectors. My pixel tree was wired straight to the E682. At $29 for 25 packs of BOTH male and female I'd do two packs!
    HLE - I'd be interested in some wire and vamp plugs as I don't have any. I may not want a whole 1000 ft though. I don't expect to have more than 8-16 AC items being controlled.
    Cases? I saw mention of cases but I didn't see them on any site. I have need of several cases.
    Renard controllers. I'd like to build a Renard controller for 2015. I don't need a high channel count but if 24 is the smallest then a 24 is what I want.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'd be in for some thinks. Just looking real quick I see:
    DIYLEDExpress - To keep costs down my first year I didn't use connectors. My pixel tree was wired straight to the E682. At $29 for 25 packs of BOTH male and female I'd do two packs!
    HLE - I'd be interested in some wire and vamp plugs as I don't have any. I may not want a whole 1000 ft though. I don't expect to have more than 8-16 AC items being controlled.
    Cases? I saw mention of cases but I didn't see them on any site. I have need of several cases.
    Renard controllers. I'd like to build a Renard controller for 2015. I don't need a high channel count but if 24 is the smallest then a 24 is what I want.
    Radiant (WLC Ventures) is where we bought a lot of cases last year. But many of the vendors offer the CG-1500 (and other) cases.

The 24-channel Renard is the largest of the all in one Renards. There are larger ones but those reply on portions of the circuits to be external. There are also 8 and 16 Channel Renards, but the most efficient (lowest cost per channel) is the 24. I have not seen any group buy discussion for the Renards on DIYC yet.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Group buy discussion:

Renard SS Group Buy Interest Only
    Clayton NC, Gregg Gusta & Son Ben, Was converting to LED lights gave up, went back to incan!! not a single pixel in sight!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post

I believe the prices on the SPT wire include shipping so putting a traditional group buy together is pointless. For Holiday Light Express on the other hand...
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

What's going on with the spt2 pre sale plans for radiant holidays? I see they still have their coupon in place. Any chances of combining to get to $1000? I need wire and male and female plugs and cg1500s.