Thread: Craigslist - Yard Sale -September 19 (Durham)

Carl B Zachary

Default Craigslist - Yard Sale -September 19 (Durham)

Yard Sale -September 19 (Durham)

Plan to join us at our yard sale on Saturday, September 19 starting at 8:00 a.m. Have Christmas Trees, Decorations, Outdoor Decorations, Santa Claus Hats. Household items such as dishes, coffee pots, serving dishes, drinking glasses, serving trays, candy bowls or chip and dip bowls, cocoa maker, and alot more! Book Shelf, Clothes, Baby Clothes, Bottles, Bottle Liners, Bibs, Etc. You will need to come to see all that we are selling. Send an email to find out location!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Craigslist - Yard Sale -September 19 (Durham)

You better go...they have hats...lol
    Jen...

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

It's close enough to me I may go, if they send me a street address.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Pick up some hats for Carl...he doesn't have many...
    Jen...

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We left the hats there; nothing special. Same hats that you can pick up at Dollar Tree. They were late in setting up. We went by the place a number of times because nothing was set out. We did get to a garage sale - in an actual commercial garage - two blocks away and picked up a Christmas present for a family member; a collectible item. After we decided to give up and go back towards Pittsboro we saw that the above were finally starting to set their items out. They seemed to be surprised, and very happy, that someone was showing up.

Apparently this is the rectory for the church next door, and they were selling a lot of what the church had been putting up, because of renovations. Charity and I awlays get a real tree, so we didn't have a whole lot of interest in the 8 or so artificial trees they had. A lot of what else they had looked like it was for decorating church pews; handmade greenery and bows that we initially thought were wreaths, etc. They gave me a price of $5 for all the lights they had, then the gentleman involved said he'd test them first to make sure they weren't selling me bad lights. A lot of them were, but it looked like just missing bulbs. They had 6-7 good strings that they were going to sell me for $5.00; I told them to throw in the bad strings as I could use the bulbs to repair other strings, and a plastic tree-topper, and gave them $10. Maybe 12 strings.

Not what we were hoping for; looking for Christmas yard art (blowmolds, wire frames, etc.) but it seemed to make them happy. I think the youngest one there was 70, but they moved pretty good.

Sorry, Carl, I didn't get you any hats.