Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default LED Strings Group Buy

I found this link on the new Holiday University site. It's a group buy with no limits. The prices look pretty good but I didn't compare them to CDI yet. They only have straight lights strings in 50, 70 and 100 bulbs sizes. These look great for building effects and filling in your blowmolds. Here's the link:

http://www.magicinthesky.com/lighting/pc.htm

Their price list is a spreadsheet, so I converted it to a PDF and posted it here in case you guys want to buy some of these lights.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2011pcmailform.pdf  
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: LED Strings Group Buy

I'd want pictures first. Their prices are also $2-3 per string cheaper than Paul, so it "seems" like a good deal. Are these guys proven or is it their first time doing this?
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcl View Post
    I'd want pictures first. Their prices are also $2-3 per string cheaper than Paul, so it "seems" like a good deal. Are these guys proven or is it their first time doing this?
    I don't know. But his email address is provided. You might ask him for his phone number and give him a call ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny and Scott,

I have personal reservations about MITS.

This is a new company with no track record.
    Their prices are cheaper then CDI.
    No information as to if they will have their own quality control inspector on site in the factory while the lights are being made as CDI has done.
    The lights are being made by Jinjiang Wonderful Photovoltaic Lighting Co.
    Magic in the Sky was started by Ryan Gardner from San Antonio and his "partner".

They did receive "samples" from the factory that they passed around a few months ago for people to test. Testing went well.

But as some on the Aussie forums found out when dealing with China, the samples are not always the same as the lights that are shipped once they receive the "Big" order. And our laws regarding fair business dealing mean nothing in China.

Just my opinions and why I'll pay more to get my lights from Paul at CDI.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs
    Likes scottmcl liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Scott,

I have seen pictures of the "Bulbs", but not the plugs. They picture M6 strings and call them M5.

The C6 do look like "strawberry C6" housings.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I was most impressed by these guys not imposing any purchase limits. The average guy in our group won't need anywhere near $1000 worth. I really like Paul and I bought a sizable amount from him in November. A lot of us did ...

But in the spirit of competition, Paul could change a few things (such as his purchase limit) to better serve everyone. At these prices you could throw away one of every 5 stings and still be the same cost as Paul.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Paul does NOT have a $1000 minumum purchase for folks like us. That is for his commercial customers only, which is the major part of his business. Pauls only minimum on lights is ordering by the 1/2 case - usually 12 strings

My concern with MITS remains that they have no track record.

Just look at Travis at LEDHoliday Lighting.

He came in late 2007, selling single strings and trying to undercut Paul's prices.

In 2008 he started having problems by shipping incorrect merchandise, from his presale, said he couldn't find the strings that people had preordered.

In 2009 he blamed his screwed up orders on the factory he was ordering from and ended up buying inventory from Paul to try to fill the orders from his presale but a lot of people still didn't get the strings they paid for.

In 2010 Travis promised free shipping to make up for his 2009 problems. It was his worst year yet with screwed up orders if people received any merchandise at all. He shipped a lot of half wave strings to people that order and paid for full wave, if he shipped anything at all.

In 2010 the BBB gave him an F rating.

I'm staying with Paul @ CDI, I want to be sure I get what I ordered and paid for.

I hope the guys at MITS do well and everything happens as they planned.
    Last edited by John; 12-31-2010 at 08:58 AM.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I agree with John. I'll wait a year to see how MITS does with it's order fulfillment. I've still got some leftovers from last years order from Paul @ CDI and don't know what I need for next year yet. And then there's the pixel string direction that I think I'll be investing in this next year...
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

dang and I thought $1.74 a string was high at Walmart

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

This guy doesn't have the selection that CDI does but his prices are very good and so is the merchandise. Have ordered from both CDI and HLE, both IMO are fantastic. Had 1 failure from both companies during the year and they immediately replaced the product.

http://www.holiday-light-express.com/
    Like us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/Lights.On.Decatur

Christmas 2010 Video - My 1st one

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wingert View Post
    This guy doesn't have the selection that CDI does but his prices are very good and so is the merchandise. Have ordered from both CDI and HLE, both IMO are fantastic. Had 1 failure from both companies during the year and they immediately replaced the product.

http://www.holiday-light-express.com/
    This company is owned by Bryan Holzheuer, and he is OK. I've talked to him a few times, but he would not carry C6 and would only supply light strings in 70 count lengths.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I have personal reservations about MITS.

This is a new company with no track record.
    Their prices are cheaper then CDI.
    No information as to if they will have their own quality control inspector on site in the factory while the lights are being made as CDI has done.
    The lights are being made by Jinjiang Wonderful Photovoltaic Lighting Co.
    Magic in the Sky was started by Ryan Gardner from San Antonio and his "partner".
    I have already placed my 2011 order with CDI for the things I need.

I have decided that I would order a total of 8 asst (envelope size and colors) strings from MITS, so I'm gambling roughly $100 with shipping.

I want to see how well the colors match the LEDs from CDI and I'll also hook them up to a controller with a standalone sequence in it and let them fade up/down, shimmer and twinkle 24/7 for a few weeks to preform my own Q. C. tests.

These will not be anything that I have any plans for ever using in my display. Just want to do my own test on the production run.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com