Thread: ASUS Eee Netbook $219 plus tax and shipping. TODAY ONLY.

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default ASUS Eee Netbook $219 plus tax and shipping. TODAY ONLY.

I am debating buying one of these. The sale ends today.

ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-EU2X-BK Netbook - Intel Atom N270 1.60GHz, 1GB DDR2, 160GB HDD, 10.1" WSVGA, Windows XP Home, 3-Cell, Black

$239-$20 instant savings =$219.00 plus tax and shipping. No tax in SC or TN. Taxes in NC is $19. Shipping is less than $7.

Enter EYQ5050 for $20 instant savings.

http://www.compusa.com/applications/...2814_A50-10137

xLights or BUST in 2018 kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: ASUS Eee Netbook $219 plus tax and shipping. TODAY ONLY.

I've been watching these as a Christmas computer. And the refurbished ones are $199 on eBay. But after scouring the details on the one that you referenced, it looks like a brand new one. I could not find any reference to those being refurbished. A very good deal Al ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Just remember, compusa.com was bought by tigerdirect. They have a store in Durham as well. This is usually close-out stuff. I found their prices to be OK, but usually with the NC tax, they are higher than other places. Also, Windows XP, only 1 GB of memory, and 3 cell battery. All are OK, but not the latest and greatest. You should check to see how much memory you can add to this.

But it's an OK machine for light work.
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Here's a comparable machine, refurb for $20 less, but has Win 7.

Samsung $199.99
    Samsung Go 1.60GHz Intel N270 Netbook - Midnight Blue - NP-N310-HAA2US
    1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 Processor, 1GB RAM, 160GB Hard Drive, 10/100 Ethernet, Wireless 802.11 b/g, 10.1" LCD Display, 1.3MP Webcam, Card Reader, Windows 7 Starter, Midnight Blue - Samsung Refurbished / Recertified
    eCOST.com Part #58062167
    Mfg. Part #NP-N310-HAA2US
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Well I tried to buy it. As always, Compusa/Tigerdirect screwed up. Their website wouldn't allow the $20 discount and calling their customer service in Bombay resulted in me getting frustrated after spending almost an hour on the phone. So, I said enough and called "uncle". I don't like going into the Tigerdirect store either, they treat their customers like criminals with the security they have in place. This is not the first time I have had trouble with their website. I think they employ children (or Chuck) to run their website. I finally said to heck with the $20 and just order it with Paypal. While trying to order it, Paypal wouldn't allow us to take the money from our checking because the Tigerdirect website wouldn't allow it. Instead Paypal wanted us to use a credit card which I don't want to do. That is when it killed the deal for me. So, I need a computer to walk around the yard and interface with the controllers. I may buy a tablet to do that or I might spend the extra and get me a netbook with horsepower that I can use for my business. A while back, John said he used a Palm Pilot style device and remote PC control software to interface with his PC inside the house.I really like that idea but want to be able to disconnect the controller from the network and interface directly to it. A few years ago while using the network to reprogram controller, I forgot to disconnect an ELL and reprogrammed all of my controllers to the same address. That stunt took Walter and myself an hour to reprogram the controllers.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I use an HP iPAQ hx4200 pocket PC. (yeah, it's 6 years old now) I remote in to a laptop PC on my front porch that was running LOR software.

I could easily carry the little pocket PC around in the display as I ran sequences one at a time, being able to see the display elements interaction with each other from several different angles and directions. I could pause the sequence where I wanted to tweek something which I did from the laptop on the porch.

After I was satisfied with my tweeks, I downloaded the show to a mini-director SD card that actually ran the show, without a direct connection to a computer.

A tablet PC would be much easier then using the stylis on a 4" pocket PC. But it worked well enough to select, start, pause or stop a sequence for my purposes.

[All of my controllers (and ELLs) are checked for all channels being operational, IDs set, and firmware upgraded if necessary before they leave the garage to be placed out in the yard. Just my tip]

-ipaq-hx4200.jpg
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs