Thread: Display Video

wbottomley

Talking Display Video

Mike Z has posted this link
    Code:
    http://lightformproductions.com/mainsantassymphonies.html
    to get a free video from Santa's Symphonies.

Get it while you can.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Display Video

Hmm, guess I'm blind, can't find the "free" download, or it has already been pulled
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hmm, guess I'm blind, can't find the "free" download, or it has already been pulled
    John -

I'm the blind one, and have the medical documentation to prove it, plus my wife's testimony, and I found it!.

I downloaded it a couple of days ago; still haven't had a chance to watch it. Look in the upper left hand corner in the box that says "Free Santa Video" in red, or just click on this:

http://lightformproductions.com/down...es_DTH.mov.zip

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks Jack
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I sympathize with John. The website didn't have any huge arrows pointing toward the download button, and the type should have been 4" tall too. Maybe a marching band playing "Push this button John" would have helped. I've got it, the website should have used braille.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Al, I like your ideas. Maybe you should go in the web site designing business. Braille? Hmmm, think maybe some new technology must be on the way.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

xLights or BUST in 2018 kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

A very cute movie. It would be great to use a projector to display this one against a garage or backdrop, and then sequence some lights with it.

BTW - - doesn't that Santa look a LOT like Al with white hair ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny,

The video series was created by Mike Ziemkowski, the creator of the "Z Tree" for use in his own display. Mike is a video special effects "person" for the movie industry, and makes his home in Sherman Oaks, CA.

He has been incorporating rear projection from inside his garage for many years. When I first saw his 2006 display was when I decided to make the jump into using controllers and have an animated instead of just a static display. Of course I'm still just a rookie novice!

Mike introduced the full "Santa Conductor" in 2008, previously was just a shiloutte conducting, and also he created the animated DJ Jingles character for his video projection.

http://www.lightsondisplay.com/2k6.html 2006 video. His DMX moving heads are contained inside the "Z Tree" and project onto the house from an open section in the back of the tree. The Santa is Mike's father, pictures from Mike's childhood.

http://www.lightsondisplay.com/2k7.html 2007 video.

http://www.lightsondisplay.com/2k8.html 2008 video. When Mike posted this one on the Constantly Christmas forums, we all started asking for copies of the video with the full Santa and music. Mike decided to set up a website selling them due to the demand. Also the "Frosty" character was hand built by Mike using servos. Mike built his whole display of life size servo driven characters when he lived in Indiana in the early 90's.

http://www.lightsondisplay.com/2k9.html 2009 video. He added the elf people also.

I haven't seen Mike on the forums at all in 2010, don't know what he's up to. But I am looking forward to seeing his 2010 video.

Thank you for attending todays history lesson highlighting one of my favorite decorating inspirations!
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

xLights or BUST in 2018 kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

OMG !!! This guy's show is totally over the top ! I see that he is selling MP3s from his site, but I could not find any way to ask questions. Has he reworked these MP3s to be optimized for sequencing or is he just reselling the originals "as is" ?

Does he mix LOR with his DMX (possibly with Light Show Pro software) ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny, remember my presentation on RGB and Servodogs? I used his video. In his video, if you look closely you will see the yoke, moving head DMX lights. His house was the inspiration behing me wanting DMX lighting. BTW, I got clearance to order DMX lights. I'm working on buying 2 moving head 60W single led lights. Each light will weigh 35 pounds. That single LED is the equivalent of a 250 watt metal halide bulb which is a very bright light.

wbottomley

Denny, I think he's using Animated Lighting.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    OMG !!! This guy's show is totally over the top ! I see that he is selling MP3s from his site, but I could not find any way to ask questions. Has he reworked these MP3s to be optimized for sequencing or is he just reselling the originals "as is" ?

Does he mix LOR with his DMX (possibly with Light Show Pro software) ?

No, he doesn't sell the MP3s, just has his play list posted with links to where you can buy them from Amazon dot com.

He has been using Animated Lighting controllers and software since 2003. They had DMX support long before LOR did.

Edit: See that William jumped in.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

-up-20over-20and-20away-.jpg-20flight.jpg-gotta-20go-.jpg

Off topic kind of.

Mike and 3 of his friends made a full length movie a few years ago about a super hero.

Supposed to available on DVD, but I haven't looked for it. Several clips and trailers and

More info here

EDIT: Found some info on the DVD here
    Last edited by John; 07-31-2010 at 09:30 PM.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com