Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default ServoDog is neat

My ServoDogs came today. They are tiny. It is a little smaller than a dollar bill. I can download a standalone animated program to it which means that it doesn't require a Director Card or computer to run. It can't handle music files so music sequences are out of the question. However, you could put a program onto it that ran a toy train (Larry take note here) where sensors in the track could trigger one of the eight inputs on the board to change speed. One of the inputs when triggered runs the program. It also has 2 PWMed MOSFET outputs which means that you can do DC switching to LED spot lights, motors, or something else DC. The output transistors can handle 4 amps each or 8 amps with a heatsink. WOW. All for $90 or less at the summer sale. It also has 8 outputs that can be interfaced with other electronics like audio boards, DIO cards, or even computer parallel or serial ports.

This has my vote for the best board that LOR has created in many years. Larry you could make your entire train self contained and able to change speeds and stop all without the need for computer interfacing. You could trigger it with the LOR network too. If you have a part of your display that you want the public to be able to walk up and push a button that would execute a program by itself then this is the board. Did I mention that you can run 8 servos too?

I got two free too. Yipee.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: ServoDog is neat

Thanks Al this is what I need during decorating season... more choices! LOL!