Thread: FINALLY trying to get my Pi's up and running with FPP - Could use some direction

Ssgt. Blinky, to you! cpnbnanamn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default FINALLY trying to get my Pi's up and running with FPP - Could use some direction

Hey all. Been a while. Things have slowed a little for me for now, and I thought I'd take some time to mess with some lights. While I understand the basic principles of FPP, I could use a hand understanding the intricacies. I know what I want to do, but not sure I can do it. Do I need a HAT to run DMX? Anyone got some time to talk with me about how this is supposed to work?

-Roger
    -Roger

I am SOOOO behind the 8-ball.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: FINALLY trying to get my Pi's up and running with FPP - Could use some direction

A quick look at the manual found here says you need some type of DMX dongle to connect to the Pi or Beagle Bone. I have never ran DMX. I know if you don't have a dongle then you can use some of the hats out there but not all. https://falcon-player.gitbooks.io/fa...anual/content/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: FINALLY trying to get my Pi's up and running with FPP - Could use some direction

The Pi Cap David (Falcon Christmas) sells has one DMX output and can run a couple of smart strings as well. I've tinkered with DMX using the larger boards he puts together.