Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Seek peak of F16V2-R

Copying this over from the Falcon Christmas board at Seek peak of F16V2-R

Wow what an awesome controller board. There's so much in this thing. To @Samj435 and those of you with large displays - you will like the ability to put sequences right on the card and only send sync packets over to the F16V2, no e1.31 data flooding the network. Basically you will be able to treat the F16V2 as a Remote to a Pi Master. They stuffed a ton of ability into that display as well. i wasn't going to get one of these but now I may.

https://youtu.be/AJa3VztcSPc
    Last edited by Tripplett; 03-03-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Seek peak of F16V2-R

Wow. I'm not sure I understand everything fully, but to see that many pixels driven off a single board is incredible. Based on my limited display, I don't think I need something this big. Time to review my plan again. And I still need to talk to my neighbors about what they want to do.
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplett View Post
    Copying this over from the Falcon Christmas board at Seek peak of F16V2-R

Wow what an awesome controller board. There's so much in this thing. To @Samj435 and those of you with large displays - you will like the ability to put sequences right on the card and only send sync packets over to the F16V2, no e1.31 data flooding the network. Basically you will be able to treat the F16V2 as a Remote to a Pi Master. They stuffed a ton of ability into that display as well. i wasn't going to get one of these but now I may.

https://youtu.be/AJa3VztcSPc
    Quite nice. I think one of best features is having multiple DMX Universes coming out .. in addition to the great capacity and <now> tuneable resistors for long cables. This would make a great centerpiece to run a whole show. But keep the "spares" issue in mind. A big centerpiece means the whole thing is down if the controller fails. I always suggest have a spare for the most vulnerable controllers.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm still not sold on the whole FPP universe just yet, I believe in the Vixen 3 team! Jim St. Johns also announced version 5 firmware for the E682 that should make that platform competitive once again. And at $109 for a kit still can't be beat... It may be good for someone who has a mix of pixels and dmx devices, but I also agree with what Denny stated. Your whole show can fail with a single board.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sam you do know that Vixen exports fseq files to FPP natively right? I did all my sequencing in Vixen and played them from FPP the last two years.