Thread: Controller Stands

wbottomley

Default Controller Stands

Since I've seen several threads about controller stands, I thought starting one here would be a great help and service to the newbie's coming onboard.

I'll post some images as with time, you'll see how they change and become smaller.

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Controller Stands

Excellent pics. These pics gave me an immediate idea for the two controllers at the base of my mega-tree. I was about to use a piece presssure treated plywood with U-bolts on the pipe. But now I like the pressure treated 2x2s better.

I like those little yellow boxes. I am planning to build some of the DIY boards described at our first meeting. Would be nice to put them in small boxes like those.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

The yellow boxes with clear covers and wires coming out the bottom remind me of creatures from Mars. Having those boxes all lined up in a row looks like The Rockettes from Mars. Each Rockette has 16 legs which makes for an interesting show.

I'll bet if the boxes were really from Mars and could talk they would say something along the lines of: "We are The Yellow Box People from Mars and have come to Earth to acquire CCRs. Resistance is futile. Our weapons are superior to your puny 0.45 caliber weapons. Give us your CCRs or suffer the effects of our ray guns. The human from Raleigh, known as Al, has rightfully claimed dibs on the CCRs currently in possession of the human from Tennessee, known as John. John will comply and surrender the CCRs or suffer the mega beam from our space ship. We were sent here to acquire Servo Dogs too but have confirmed they are just an urban legend."

May I suggest that you keep an eye on those yellow boxes.
    Al

wbottomley

Those pretty yellow boxes are nicely camouflaged.

Shoot... I can even see them anymore.