Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default 1 universe pixel controller

Might be handy for small areas. Or for getting into pixels. TinyPix DMX to SPI Smart Pixel Decoder / Controller - As low as $23.99!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: 1 universe pixel controller

Very nice .. I like how the pixel world is expanding and at the same time simplifying.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Just ordered one today.
    2014 Specs: 11,739 Channels of RGB Basic and Intelligent pixels. 5216 Total RGB, LEDs
    WebSite: http://www.boydchristmasinlights.com Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook....istmasLightShow Vimeo: www.vimeo.com/user12233488

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Did the same as im wanting to do 4 arches using two strips so wont need a full universe. Considering I have no experience with this figure it is a good start without a lot in it. If it works for me or have time will get a controller that will do more after this.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

so has anyone had the chance to play with this yet? I got mine in havent had much time with it yet. i've ran the demo program into it and used xlights to make sure it works. my next steps is trying to figure out how this works with LOR. Not much out on the web about it yet and the best way to configure it.

my goal for either this year if not next year is to run 2 lor controllers and either 1 or 2 of these tiny pix for arches and to outline a driveway. it doesnt look like the tinypix you can control ip address to them. So how do i get the signal from lor converted over to e1.31.

this appears to be an option
    http://www.holidaycoro.com/Enttec-Pr...ongle-p/53.htm
    but would require one of these for each universe. so doesnt seem like a good solution for when i add another one or 2 of these.

the ecg-p2 and ecg-p12r and the sandevices its just a matter of connecting those directly into an Ethernet port/switch if i'm not mistaken.

so does anyone have any suggestions on a good adapter that i can use with this tiny pix controller so i can run maybe 4 universes or 4 of these tiny pix.
    Last edited by mrlightmadness; 08-04-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mrlightmadness View Post
    so has anyone had the chance to play with this yet? I got mine in havent had much time with it yet. i've ran the demo program into it and used xlights to make sure it works. my next steps is trying to figure out how this works with LOR. Not much out on the web about it yet and the best way to configure it.

my goal for either this year if not next year is to run 2 lor controllers and either 1 or 2 of these tiny pix for arches and to outline a driveway. it doesnt look like the tinypix you can control ip address to them. So how do i get the signal from lor converted over to e1.31.

this appears to be an option
    Enttec Pro Compatible DMX Dongle - $49.99 - Works with Light-o-Rama for DMX Output
    but would require one of these for each universe. so doesnt seem like a good solution for when i add another one or 2 of these.

the ecg-p2 and ecg-p12r and the sandevices its just a matter of connecting those directly into an Ethernet port/switch if i'm not mistaken.

so does anyone have any suggestions on a good adapter that i can use with this tiny pix controller so i can run maybe 4 universes or 4 of these tiny pix.

6 Port E1.31 Bridge Kit [E1.31-Bridge-Kit] - $70.04 : DIYLEDExpress.com

Takes E1.31 in, outputs 6 universes of DMX-512.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Running a pair of these with a dongle is OK if you are going to run small enough strings to keep their addressing inside one universe. But if you need more universes, then the ECG-D4 is a good way to go. ECG-D4 They also make a lower cost ECG-DR4 but for some reason they encourage you to purchase the D4 instead ..

Once you move to Ethernet, then it's still simpler to just go with a Pixel Controller. ECG or Sandevices. And once you need more than one of those controllers, a simple Ethernet switch will give you multiple Ethernet ports, with no additional programming required. Just keep your addresses similar .. I used 10.10.10.10 for my first one and 10.10.10.20 for the second.

One thing I learned with the Sandevices stuff is to make sure you can remotely control the AC power of each pixel controller. You have to power them off and back on again in order to make any programming changes. So if you have one up on your roof, make sure you can toggle your power to it. I am not sure if this applies to the ECG stuff also ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    One thing I learned with the Sandevices stuff is to make sure you can remotely control the AC power of each pixel controller. You have to power them off and back on again in order to make any programming changes. So if you have one up on your roof, make sure you can toggle your power to it. I am not sure if this applies to the ECG stuff also ..
    I'm not sure if this was corrected in the new firmware or not but I have 3 e681's and two e6804's that I just ran some test sequences with last night. I could not duplicate that problem again since the upgrade. I would highly recommend the new firmware 4.026 it's a lot better!
    Shannon Wood
    XLights 4 User with 40,000 channels and 60,000 lights.
    Facebook | Vimeo | Twitter

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by SWood View Post
    I'm not sure if this was corrected in the new firmware or not but I have 3 e681's and two e6804's that I just ran some test sequences with last night. I could not duplicate that problem again since the upgrade. I would highly recommend the new firmware 4.026 it's a lot better!
    Awesome .. That's really good to know. I am happy to see the Sandevices stuff getting easier and easier to use. And from what I've seen in the ECG videos, they appear to be equally easy to run.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole