Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Light Chasers

I have some light chasers from Nemco, Rocor and Flash track and I would like to know what everyone else is using and what they opinion is on them.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Light Chasers

I think most of us are using LOR controllers and LOR software to sequences the various chases. I have not heard of many using discrete chasers. I would be interested i knowing this myself ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i had one string it was from ge in my mega this year i liked it i set it up as a spiral i did not have time to get its timing down pat tho some times the brightness of the tree washed it out it was those ge rgb things i got
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We use them on our animated wire frames. I like the progammable waterproof controllers from All American Christmas Co.

Christmas Light Controllers : Musical Christmas Lights : AA Christmas
    Larry & Rachel Charpiat
    Pilot Mountain Christmas
    Web Site: http://pilotmountainchristmas.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pilot.m.christmas
    Likes Scottdb liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Duke

I looked up AA christmas and the only chasers I found are not programable via software but by setting switches and jumpers inside the box. Which are identical to the one Flashtrack that I have and I like the best.

I took another look at Flashtracks web site they do have some programable controlers but are programed by using a PIC programer and you have to tell them what you want and buy a new chip when you want it changed. I would think if you have your own PIC programer you could do it your self.
    Last edited by Scottdb; 01-10-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I talked to my brother today and he is sending me down some of the controlers he cut off his GE lights along with the hack instructions to reprogram them. I will post more info about them once I get them and have had a chance to see what there all about.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

if he cut them off what he using to control them inquiring minds wanna
    know
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

One controler can control a hole bunch of them. just search "Hack GE christmas lights" you will find lots of information.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Note that there are some DIY built controllers that will control the GE Color Effects lights.

The E680/681 controllers, as described at sandevices.com, will run the GE lights. I bought 10 sets of the GE CE sets on clearance at Lowes to do some pixels next year.

A group buy will be happening in the next month for the E68x controllers over on DIYC. Total cost of a controller will be around $100 and would be able to run up to 680 pixels. You do have to be able to put it together.

Not to burst any bubbles, but the controllers cut off from the light sets won't do much without the LEDs.
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!
    Likes Scottdb liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Mark

Thanks for the link and information I like what I see and I might even look at getting one of these for testing to see what all I can do with it. The thing with the GE controllers is that they don’t have to be networked and I hope to reprogram them. The park is a 2 mile drive through and running a network to each controller kind of expensive.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Always glad to see someone trying something new. The controllers that come with some of the GE lights have remotes that change the pattern, and some just have local buttons on them. Based on the pictures I saw elsewhere, the chip on these is behind a blob on the circuit board.

I'll probably have 10 or so of these controllers that will be cut off of the strings. If someone has a use for them, or for about 15 of the remotes, let me know - there your's for the asking.
    Mark

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

the thing i saw about the ge controller was when you have more that one set on a 110 volt leg all set on the same leg will have the same effects chase color change chase fades ect at least hats what the instructions i got said

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mschell View Post
    Always glad to see someone trying something new. The controllers that come with some of the GE lights have remotes that change the pattern, and some just have local buttons on them. Based on the pictures I saw elsewhere, the chip on these is behind a blob on the circuit board.

I'll probably have 10 or so of these controllers that will be cut off of the strings. If someone has a use for them, or for about 15 of the remotes, let me know - there your's for the asking.
    I am curious about your DIY hack of the light strings. Particularly how you learned about that they were compatible and how you'll hook them up to the E680 .. I can imagine there's a lot of commercial stuff coming in the near future that will use some of the same interfaces .. but just not exposing the DMX. I'm curious how you are doing all this ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

The hack of the GE strings was done sometime in 2010 or perhaps earlier. Some folks disassembled the controller and remote control and started playing. Also, some smarter folks on DIYC were working on it as well. There was some collaboration on decoding the pixel protocol for the GE Color Effects (GE CE). Alot of this happened around the same time as the 2801 pixels and the CCR (6803 strip) were coming out.

There's a fair amount of history, both over on DIYC and on the web. Google is your friend. Some folks in one of the hackerspaces out in the midwest have a glass block wall in their building that they made a big matrix using Arduino and the GE pixels.

The E680/681 can handle most of the major pixel types. And since there are 4 sets of 4 string outputs, you can run the GE CE on one output, the 5V 2801 pixels on another, the TLS300x on another - all at the same time.

There is going to be a BIG group buy for the E68x controllers happening in February. I have an interest list of close to 150 controllers already. I'll be sorting components for weeks, probably...

Sounds like we need to have a session covering this soon at a meeting somewhere...
    Mark

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i know things aren t allways as thay seem but it looks real simple to do