Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Light Chasers

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    i know things aren t allways as thay seem but it looks real simple to do
    The key to being an expert at something is to make it look simple to do.

I've seen the threads about hacking these that Mark mentioned. I haven't followed them too closely; I have a low "I can't stand it because I can't afford it" threshold level, and don't want to be that frustrated.

I made a comment over on the LOR forum about rumors that LOR will soon support E.131. I was told NO. The rumors are still there, though, including a quote about a statement from Dan Baldwin about "sometime in 2012-2013"

It will probably take E.131 capability to do much of the pixel stuff. While S3 can supposedly support 16 DMX dongles, I suspect that USB 2.0 will have an issue handling that much data in a real-time basis.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Bob has mentioned LOR E1.31 rev 0.46 "should" be released 1st qtr 2012. * It has not been released for beta testing yet.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Bob has mentioned LOR E1.31 rev 0.46 "should" be released 1st qtr 2012. * It has not been released for beta testing yet.
    Some times wanted feature release dates are announced far too early. Our esteemed Al in Raleigh can attest to that, with his free servodogs.

Something like that I would think would be with the beta testers several months before it's released to the general public. So, based on your statement, maybe by Christmas 2012, more likely 2013 for a stable version.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    Something like that I would think would be with the beta testers several months before it's released to the general public. So, based on your statement, maybe by Christmas 2012, more likely 2013 for a stable version.
    Don't know Jack, but the S3 beta was released to the testers on July 21 without DMX support, then on Sept 21 the DMX version of the software was released for testing. Worked perfect. About all we did was test different dongles for compatibilility. With Bob doing the E1.31 rev. 0.46 I don't forsee any real problems. While Bob mentioned the goal for E1.31 was 1st qtr 2012, he assured us no later then June 2012. Bob dosn't make a habit of "blowing smoke". Normally his announced target dates for software are spot on.

To my understanding, Bob is doing the E1.31 implementation himself, where as with S3 there were several programmers in diverse locations working on different modules, and sometimes they didn't play well together when everything was being merged.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I gotta admit, I grew a quick appreciation for LOR 3 this year. LOR 3 has set a new level of quality and they didn't have to release a ton of bug fixes. Based on a piles of bug fixes from LOR 2 when I started in 2009, I was skeptical about LOR 3. John put up a compelling set of posts that convinced a bunch of us to jump in. And it all went well. Saved me a ton of time and improved the show. It will great to see E1.31 support this year but not sure if I'll really need it yet.

Gotta rub shoulders with Mark some more, so I know what to do next to get my plans going for an 8' pixel string mega-tree this year.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i know my needs don t amount to much but i will welcome the E131 when ever its released i got 10 sets of those g 35 strings i got after the season for 5.00 a set hoping it will make a cool spiral on my mega only time will tell.