Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Chicago Mini Sale

Winkelbottoms Chicago MINI sale
    $10.00 of and no shipping on any single order items.
    Order must be placed by august 23 2010
    www.winkelbottoms.com

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Chicago Mini Sale

This guy needs to be banned from this forum for spamming it. This post shows up in 4 locations.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I have deleted all Post but this 1 and I will Send him a warning.

wbottomley

Thank you Mr. Admin.

Spamming is a no-no on boards.

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I had sent him a PM, started typing it during post #3. I have the tweets for this site go to my cell phone on an SMS; it was starting to get irritating. I think he was having a problem and didn't realize he was posting the same thing multiple times.

Not as stupid as the customer I had that complained China was attacking his network, then he realized he caused it by trying to do a network discovery of every Internet device in China.....those devices were just responding to his querires.

Carl B Zachary

He posted 4 Times in 4 Different SubForums. I think he knew he was posting multiple times.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

That guy is a good guy from what I can remember. Sure he didn't need to post it multiple times. Aren't CCAdmin and William one in the same? I smell a conspiracy.

Carl B Zachary

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Caudill View Post
    That guy is a good guy from what I can remember. Sure he didn't need to post it multiple times. Aren't CCAdmin and William one in the same? I smell a conspiracy.
    Not All the Time.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I've met Gregg in person. He is a pretty decent guy, but spamming (especially in multiple subforums is a no no)

When I first started trying to weld wireframes, he gave me a lot of encouragement and tips.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Greg, if you are reading this I like what you are doing. But I really did not like seeing that the blowmolds were not priced but you wanted people to make offers on them. That really leaves a bad impression (on me) knowing that you might be willing to charge me more than somebody else. So I would never want to make a realistic offer on your site. Or most likely I would probably never make an offer. It would be much more acceptable to see your individual prices and then possibly a discount for buying in quantities. Most synchronized lights guys would buy blowmolds in groups anyhow. Just a suggestion.

Also your website says the new blowmold items would be posted in March .... but there's nothing there. So I'm not sure how this mini sale helps ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny,

I think perhaps you might have misunderstood Gregg's website.

Gregg runs the Winklebottoms website and makes and sells wireframes and is located in Medaryville, IN
    The purpose of his post was that he was offering $10 off on the wireframes he makes and that he would deliver them to the Chicago Area Mini Plus that Carrie Sansing is hosting again over Labor Day weekend for pickup to save shipping costs

On his website he has links to other sites.

The blowmolds section is a link to BlowmoldsForSale website run buy Charles Forkner who is in Woodbury, MN. Except for some bulk purchases he has made in the past from General Foam (?) ( and I believe he took preorders first for this transaction) he will normally not have any multiples of any of the discontinued blowmolds listed on his site. He collects and resales to other collectors

Since there are almost no blowmolds being made anymore, it is now considered a very active collectors market, and they are for the most part always sold by "make an offer" or auction transactions and the pricing can vary greatly depending on rarity and condition. Since Gregg was not selling blowmolds and Charles is not a member here, Chuck of BlowmoldsForSale will probably not see your post. You can send him an email at wildcj@blowmoldsforsale.com

Considering that I believe (Carl or Brad please correct me) that there is maybe only one mfg left in the USA, (General Foam ?) quanity discounts in the discontinued blowmolds would be almost unheard of. Multiples of the same item for sale are also very rare. (except for the retail stores like Wally World and their General Foam ? molds) Some people spend years collecting enough pieces to make a choir.

Some of the now defunk companies that used to make blowmolds and that are highly collectible are: [This list is posted to help Carl, Brad and Jennifer remember some of the old names)

Noma
    Artfoam
    Glolite
    Raylite
    Moldcraft
    Beco
    Poloron
    Holiday Innovations
    TPI
    Carolina Industries
    Sunhill
    Empire
    Dapol
    Union
    Grand Venture
    LA Goodman
    Drainage
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Well John is partially right. Chuck runs that sight and he told me he is taking the year off due to his hectic work schedule. He is accumalating molds still though to sell. I have bought MANY from him through the year. Great guy. General Foam is the major one left in the market. Drainage is still around but tough to find. I hear Grand Venture may be relaunching their molds and I believe Union is being resurrected by another company but they haven't said when or if they will be making holiday molds. I know they made pink flamingos and other yard art.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks for the clairifications, Brad. As you know, I am NOT a 'molder ! lol

I wondered what had happen to Chuck, hadn't seen him on the Constantly Christmas site in some time.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I just finally got back to reviewing this post. Some really good points (John and Brad) about blowmolds and their history. Since you guys keep a close eye on this stuff, it would be great if you'd resource any of the current or resurrected blowmolds sales - for those of us who know very little about them.

While only heading towards my second year of synchronized lights, I am already feeling a sense of boredom with my inflatables - even through I do have all the internal lights rewired so they are controlled in large groups as a single channel in my yard (one "community" on each side). I am slowly growing a greater love the the blowmolds and I think next year I will start to replace the blowups with blowmolds. I already have a nice idea for a row of 8 soldiers along my front porch rail .. but I also have to keep my channel growth in line with my available time ...

Ha........ "available time" .. just hearing it back makes me laugh .. I wish I had some !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control