Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Today's TASL Meeting !!

I want to thank Al and Deb for their generosity and great organization skills. Today's meeting was the best ever. It was super seeing all you guys and putting some more faces with the names on the site.

Wow ! William drove all the way from Ennis to the meeting today. What a great extra effort and nice meeting you for the first time.

A BIG THANKS to all those who setup demos today. I was really impressed to see everything actually working ! That takes a lot of effort. We saw a lot of nice innovation today !

Mark did an amazing job clearing the fog around LOR and DMX compatibility. I hope a bunch of us can progress in this direction (in a common way)...

I am looking forward to Al's and Walter's welding clinic in warmer weather !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Today's TASL Meeting !!

I second Denny's sentiments! I came to learn a lot and I sure did. Threw several small monkey wrenches into my thoughts, but since there's just fog for my plans at the moment, it didn't hurt too much...

Thanks to Denny, Al, Vic(?), Darius, Evan and others who looked at my plans and threw some good tips and pointers my way. Of course, now I'm making the leap from 6 channels to somewhere around 6000 channels with all the ideas I have now, but there's still plenty of time before the holidays, right?
    - Scott M.

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Wow, thanks Denny. I was impressed with the meeting too. Mark did a spectacular job. It takes a super guy to drive 2 hours to do a presentation simply to help us all. Denny and Don did a good job too. Thank you both.

Walter, Deb, and I were talking at dinner tonight about how much food showed up. Geez, it was a full fledged lunch. Charity (Jack's wife) made a soup that was close to a stew and 2 spectacular deserts. I got to meet Evan today. It is definitely Evan and not Evana. We had a few newcomers that I really enjoyed meeting. What really impressed Deb was how everybody pitched in to help cover the costs of the meeting. All I can say is thank you for your help.

Vic's demoed his star and it was nice. The video he posted was impressive but seeing it in person was a treat. I am sorry that I didn't see his display this year. Mel showed us his CCR to which I was really impressed. Mel has become a local authority on the CCRs. And his demo didn't set off the smoke detector or sprinklers in the building. Thank goodness. Walter showed off his star. It was impressive too with excellent weatherability results. Good job.

Overall, I think the meeting was a huge success. Thank you again.
    Al

wbottomley

I had a blast seeing the people I already know and the ones I meet for the first time.

I'm uploading pictures to my facebook account tonight and will post the link later.

Here's the facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...00000125892206

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

WHEW! We made it home!

Just wanted to say J and I had a great time today. We wish we could of stayed longer.

Like William said it was great to meet old and new faces today.

We learned more than expected and still a little overwhelmed by some of the information that was given today. I hope to see some sort of recap of todays topics posted in the near future. Not just for reference but for any newcomers as well.

Anyways.... we look forward to coming to more meetings in the future.

Craig & J

Carl B Zachary

Well it sound like you all had a great time. Sorry I could not make it.

wbottomley

Quote Originally Posted by IATCUYB View Post
    WHEW! We made it home!

Just wanted to say J and I had a great time today. We wish we could of stayed longer.

Like William said it was great to meet old and new faces today.

We learned more than expected and still a little overwhelmed by some of the information that was given today. I hope to see some sort of recap of todays topics posted in the near future. Not just for reference but for any newcomers as well.

Anyways.... we look forward to coming to more meetings in the future.

Craig & J
    Craig... glad you and the family made it home safely.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

WOW is all I can say. That was the most fun I have had in a long time. Thank you Al and all who took part. It was nice to finally meet William.
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

That was a great meeting, thanks for all the presentations. I saw and learn a lot. It is my first year, I'm going from 0 to 50+ channels. I'm little bit overwhelmed right now but with few new ideas I'm starting to see the bigger picture.

Dariusz B

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Dariusz,
    It was nice meeting you, welcome to the madness...
    Vic
    RED MOUNTAIN LIGHTS

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Ditto. Very much Ditto.

I saw a lot of what I want to do. Victor's LED tubes in a snowflake; I can see adding the other two and making a 5-pointed star out of it. Walter's Bethlehem star - I WANT. I'm looking forward to the welding clinic. Mark's flood lights - another I WANT, although I'm not sure what I'd do with it. Al, I have to keep reminding myself that Charity's currently unemployed, and I don't know about the company bonus that I may or may not get, otherwise I'd have ordered at least one servodog by now. Mel, the CCR, I see why Al wants to steal them.

Mark - you cleared up a few things about DMX for me; mostly why people say Vixen pegs a computer's cpu while LOR doesn't - the constant stream of communication versus the "set and forget" I can see where DMX is more precise on controls and could recover from network errors more quickly.

I really enjoyed the meeting, learned a lot, and like I said there, "all it takes is money......."

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

What a wide area of expertize and interest... I can't wait till the next one...

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I've posted my presentation from the meeting in the DIY section as a PDF file.

It was a great honor to be able to present to the group, and that you guys (and girls) got valuable information. It was great to meet some of you for the first time, and the rest for the second or third time.

Thanks to the other folks that presented or just brought one of their "creations" to share with the group.

I was surprised to see C and J come all the way from Charleston.

Looking forward to the welding workshop, and the next meeting.
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!