View Poll Results: Which Saturday can you attend in February? Post all that you could a attend.

Voters
11. (You need to login to vote)
  • February 3, 2018

10 90.91%
  • February 10, 2018

8 72.73%
  • February 17, 2018

8 72.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: February 2018 TASL Meeting - DATE SELECTION

xLights or BUST in 2018 kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default February 2018 TASL Meeting - DATE SELECTION

Here's a poll to see which Saturday would get the most attendance. PLEASE post all dates that you can attend. I will document the final poll results on Friday January 5th around 2pm, so I can drive to the rental place to get our room reserved. In case of a tie, I will pick the soonest date. In case that date is taken for our rental hall, I will move to the second choice, etc. Also feel free to post any comments about this or other meetings in 2018.

Regarding the rental, if their rates stayed the same as last year, then I think we have enough in the bank to pay for the first meeting. I’ll send a separate email in a week or so to discuss our “rental hall dues” for 2018. There are more of us now, so with the carry over funds from last year, we may only need about $10 a family this year (to pay for the second date).

In addition to taking the poll, feel free to discuss the 2018 meetings in general (here). We paid for 3 full Saturdays per year for several years. But there was always one meeting where only 6 or 8 members participated. I still think two well attended meetings are a lot more fun than 3 with less participants. But what do all of you think ?

Another thought .. we have used the middle of August for the second meeting. Is there another month that might get better attendance ? Or a better time in August ? It seems that when we go for early August, we lose people over kids starting school. Late August seems to conflict with vacations. I think we tried September once, and it was a bust. I think we lost people because we all get too busy with the last warm weekends by then. WHAT DO YOU THINK ?
    Last edited by kidcole; 12-31-2017 at 02:09 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: February 2018 TASL Meeting - DATE SELECTION

i would like to know what all the other members think of us starting a zoom meeting set up so we could attract more members from out laying areas and state wide appeal. and cost savings attend from home screen share for problem solving ECT.
    are you sure we checked every bulb?why is that one pixel staying on
    ]www.thelightsonpurserroad.com20200 rgb channels for2018
    Thanks scottmcl thanked for this post
    Likes scottmcl liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny, (a) I have voted in the poll, (b) I like the 2 meetings a year, (c) I like August for the second meeting or earlier.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Voted - Just can't do the 2nd weekend in February.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    i would like to know what all the other members think of us starting a zoom meeting set up so we could attract more members from out laying areas and state wide appeal. and cost savings attend from home screen share for problem solving ECT.
    I like this idea too. For short training sessions, it will open up a lot for us. It also would let us invite others from various other Lighting sites, when we have topics (and experts) talking about things of great interest.

Quote Originally Posted by AnniesSS View Post
    Voted - Just can't do the 2nd weekend in February.
    Looks like others share your preference too. The 1st weekend is in the lead. I am available for all three but I like the first weekend best.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

A zoom meeting would be fine with me. I am fine with 2 or 3 meetings. Is there any specific goals that anyone has that would benefit from a special meeting on a topic? For example, we did one last year on moving from LOR to Xlights.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Feb 3rd wins! I am on the way to see if I can book the room and pay the deposit. If Feb 3 is already reserved, I will try to move to Feb 10th. lastly Feb 17th.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole