Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xlights LOR Migration Day - Saturday March 4 **** Check Post 1 for Updates

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Xlights LOR Migration Day - Saturday March 4 **** Check Post 1 for Updates

Quote Originally Posted by EricR View Post
    So you were mapping specific lights within a group of lights? In Xlights you can map LOR sequence to a single node of an element. You might be able to map to a row of nodes or arm of a snowflake im not sure. I think what you need is to make an element that would be equal to your LOR group and then bring the LOR stuff into Xlights onto the appropriate node or branch of that element. You can also import only 1 thing into Xlights so you could create a new sequence in Xlights and try to import that 1 prop your questioning. You might have to play around with the Xlights prop to find the right way to map it. When you find it take a picture or write down the string settings in the model properties. This will let you see all the options of importing.
    For the single light strings that will become rgb. You can make the models as single color in Xlights and then after you bring in the LOR sequence just change the properties to RGB. If you do this and you had a string that was going blinky in LOR it will look the same in Xlights just be treated as rgb for future effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am working on it. Wow, it was a ton of work to get all channels for all controllers. I spent about 6 hours packing everything into less controllers. Started with 24 controllers and packed them into 18. I had model groups such as icicles spread across 8 or 10 controllers for things that spanned the whole house. Saved a lot of wire but made things really hard to tell when I had all channels assigned for each controller. So I found it easier to group them into the same controller for the conversion. I have a bunch of Audacity work because all of my LOR files are either WAV files or 128 MP3 files. Picking away at it. If I don't get all the DMX channels defined in xLights when I get there, I'll have to pick away at it when I arrive tomorrow.

I was hoping I could just make a giant group of about 288 channels in xLights. Then drag them into my own grouping for various models later. I am also trying to research the timing marks, to see if those can be imported from LOR to xL ...

I sure appreciate your help. Once I come out the other side of this .. I'll be able to help others too.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Xlights LOR Migration Day - Saturday March 4 **** Check Post 1 for Updates

Once in Xlights you will be able to have them separated again for easier wiring. Your setup is much more involved than most of us so you will surely be the expert when your done. We will get as much of yours as we can done. You should probably post these questions on the Xlights Facebook page.
    You could make 1 element with 288 nodes and map to each of those nodes. You could then make your models later when needed and copy the sequence from the specific nodes to those models. If you just want to keep the sequence for later that will probably be the quickest instead of making 288 models.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Xlights LOR Migration Day - Saturday March 4 **** Check Post 1 for Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplett View Post
    I will be there but I hope we have a few people coming that have actually done this too. Maybe Eric? The last time I looked at this process was a year ago. I'll brush up on the process before the meeting. I'd be fine with pizza.
    So.... This week I was slammed at work and didn't get a chance to 'play' or watch videos on this. I 'think' I have some of it down so once we get one rolling we should be able to branch out and get a few going. Looking forward to it!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

It may be too late for tomorrow but here is basically a video of what you need to do for the importing.

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Ok, I haven't done JACK to get ready for tomorrow. Short version is that we need to have/bring:

- computer
    - power cord
    - extension cord
    - power strip
    - Have the latest xlights installed
    - have all models created in xlights
    - have your LOR stuff lined up sequentially

Anything else?

I haven't done the models yet. Been a crazy few weeks. More on that tomorrow...

See y'all then!!!

- Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Here is a more detailed 2 videos for the process.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcl View Post
    Ok, I haven't done JACK to get ready for tomorrow. Short version is that we need to have/bring:

- computer
    - power cord
    - extension cord
    - power strip
    - Have the latest xlights installed
    - have all models created in xlights
    - have your LOR stuff lined up sequentially

Anything else?

I haven't done the models yet. Been a crazy few weeks. More on that tomorrow...

See y'all then!!!

Scott worst case just create a handful of models. The beauty of this is you can import the LOR sequence for 1 model or 1000 at a time. You can do a few and then go back later when you have time and do the rest.
    Does anyone have a projector? If not that is fine.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

The people using the old LOR versions might find this helpful. If you haven't realized yet, I like Clyde's videos. He has lots of tips and little extras when he does these videos. Shows you how to do many different things.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Is anyone bringing a LOR controller, a couple small strands of lights, and a dongle (and maybe a working FPP) or are we just going to assume if we get it to show in the XLights visualizer that we can get it working mechanically?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I am bringing no hardware.