Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 11, 2017 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 11, 2017 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

I'm in. Maybe bring a veggie tray? Lots of main dish options already it looks like...

I've got falcon running on a Mac. Happy to show that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 11, 2017 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcl View Post
    I'm in. Maybe bring a veggie tray? Lots of main dish options already it looks like...

I've got falcon running on a Mac. Happy to show that too.

Yes to all .. Are we set for March 4th and May 6th at your pool house ?

See ya on the 11th.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'll be there for the 11th. I can bring my Pi/Falcon setup (and PiCap) and star like last time. I also have a 3d printer setup with the Pi and OctoPrint that I "could" bring. Would it help?

I'll bring a fruit tray.

David

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sorry for the late reply. First I thought I will not be able to make it this time. Anyway things changed. I can be there until 2PM. Bringing snack platter.
    Petr

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hi ALL!

Sorry for the late reply Denny.

I can bring chips/salsa/Buffalo Chicken dip, and some drinks. If I talk very kindly to my wife, I might
    be able to get some homemade cookies, too. LOL!

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Best Regards,

Frank

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Excellent. Some of us have been showing those kinds of things on tables during the meeting and informally pointing them out. I like to do the same. I just got my pixel tester going and plan to show it running a string of pixels at the meeting. Probably driving my tree topper pixel star. Mine is rectangular white one with DMX on the left and one pixel output on the right. I bought the 12 amp model. In case yours is different, bring it along.

Bring anything you have along these lines. Showing stuff running is always appreciated!
    @FrankP Frank Pleshe is also into a bunch of gadgets. I hope he brings some of his in a demo form too.
    Denny, I will bring what I can.... ;-)
    Likes Tripplett liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by davecw View Post
    I'll be there for the 11th. I can bring my Pi/Falcon setup (and PiCap) and star like last time. I also have a 3d printer setup with the Pi and OctoPrint that I "could" bring. Would it help?

I'll bring a fruit tray.

David
    It would be great to bring whatever you'd can. We want to show lots of examples of Pixel, general RGB and Pi accessories. So the Falcon stuff fits right in.

It would be fantastic if you could bring the 3D printer along for discussion too. We have a 3D printer session planned for the morning, and also a summary in the afternoon (allowing time to print something from the morning discussion). We can point out both units and show examples of both.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I've actually started using OctoPrint on my printer too. My display went out due to static electricity a few weeks ago so I flipped to OctoPrint. Even though I have a new display I still prefer OctoPrint.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 11, 2017 9am till 5pm &lt;Details in Post #1&gt;

David maybe you can give me some OctoPrint and overall printing tips. I'm new to 3D printing so having some other info is always helpful. Also some difference in machines is a good idea so like Denny said bring yours if you can. Mine was a Christmas present but I got it in late Oct. I DO know now it's always best to discharge your static electricity before touching the display board to make changes, LOL. The good thing is that for these open source printers a new display was only $11 on EBay.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 11, 2017 9am till 5pm &lt;Details in Post #1&gt;

we will not be able to attend, but i hope that either the demo from don williams on the spheres/globes is video'd or streamed so we can see the demo. Hope you all have a great time.

Gregg and Ben
    Clayton NC, Gregg Gusta & Son Ben, Was converting to LED lights gave up, went back to incan!! not a single pixel in sight!
    Like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gustafamilychristmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sorry, looks like Im doubtful for this Saturday....

At best, I may try to come for the AM only, but cannot stay past lunchtime. Darnit.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by davecw View Post

I'll bring a fruit tray.

David
    I would love to know more about Octoprint. I ever heard of it but with two of you gravitating to Octoprint, it's likely something we will all enjoy hearing about. We have a crammed schedule but I squeezed them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplett View Post
    I've actually started using OctoPrint on my printer too. My display went out due to static electricity a few weeks ago so I flipped to OctoPrint. Even though I have a new display I still prefer OctoPrint.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hey guys.

I am going to be unable to attend this weekend. Is there a chance that we can do a web setup again for me? I know its late notice, so just let me know.

Thanks in advance.

James Van Horn

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by James van Horn View Post
    Hey guys.

I am going to be unable to attend this weekend. Is there a chance that we can do a web setup again for me? I know its late notice, so just let me know.

Thanks in advance.

James Van Horn
    Jack has not responded to any of my emails. He is supposed to set something up. The info has been on the details post 1.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm planning to be there; been really busy at work.

I'm also having issues getting streaming to work, but still trying.

I will post status on this forum once (and if) I get it working.