Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default TASL Meeting Plans for 2017 <See Post 1 for details>

EDITS - I removed the early discussion about which dates we wanted to pick. Here's where we are as of January 2nd.

The rental hall has been reserved for Feb 11th and Aug 12th. We are solid with the Feb 6th date but if anyone has a problem with Aug 12th .. speak up !

We cut back to 2 Saturdays last year, where we previously had been holding 3 meetings. There was always one of the meetings with low participation. But both were well attended this year ! I would like to suggest that we stick with two rental hall meeting this year also. Please speak up if you don't agree. But .. for the 3rd meeting, we will hold two meetings related to Xlights and FPP (Falcon Pi Player). One for LOR migration and the other for Xlights/FPP implementation (hardware and software).

CURRENT PLANNING (check often as this will change as we finalize plans):

2017 RENTAL HALL RATES
    $100 per Weeknight for 5 hours.
    $100 per Saturday or Sunday for 5 hours plus $20 per additional hour. $160 for 9am to 5pm.
    $100 Cleaning Deposit.
    Dates reserved - Feb 11 ($160), Aug 12 ($160)

First TASL General Meeting - Feb 11 Reserved at Swift Creek Community Center

LOR Migration to Xlights Day - Saturday March 4th. Location TBD.

Pi Day Meeting - Current plan is Saturday May 6th. We are going to use Scott's homeowner association pool room. This room has been no charge in the past. It's a great deal for us and comfortable.

Second TASL General Meeting - Saturday August 12 or 19 (Aug 12 is reserved and is our typical date, but we can change it. Please check your schedules to help us pick the date with the most participation.
    Last edited by kidcole; 01-03-2017 at 10:41 AM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 !

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default TASL Meeting Plans for 2017 &lt;See Post 1 for details&gt;

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    We can get our rental hall dates reserved next week, so it's time to make our meeting date decisions.

Since we always start in Feb, I will try to get the 11th or 18th. If anyone has a problem with one of those dates .. speak up !

We cut back to 2 Saturdays last year, where we previously had been holding 3 meetings. There was always one of the meetings with low participation. But both were well attended this year ! I would like to suggest that we stick with two rental hall meeting this year also. Please speak up if you don't agree. But .. for the 3rd meeting, we held an all day "Pi Day" this year at Scott's homeowners association room. I would like to suggest that we schedule that meeting again. We can determine the topics later, but I would assume it might be a bit more advanced than this year's meeting.

We need to determine the Pi Date date (and the room with Scott). I am thinking something like April would be best. Maybe around tax time ? We should get this one going earlier in the year to keep everyone ahead of the proverbial "curve."

We need to determine the second rental hall meeting date. I usually shoot for the middle of August. This would either be August 12th or 19th. We need to decide this right away so I can ask for the date when I visit the rental folks early next week. PLEASE post your preferences!

CURRENT PLANNING (check often as this will change as we finalize plans):

First Rental Hall Meeting - Feb 11 or 18 (TBD)

Pi Day Meeting - April 15 or 22 or other suggestion

Second Rental Hall Meeting - August 12 or 19 (TBD)
    I prefer February 11. The 18th my birthday.

I prefer April 15. My wife is out of town so I would not be able to make it April 22. I am no expert but I have been using the Pi Xlights and FPP exclusively for this years show with little problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: TASL Meeting Plans for 2017 &lt;See Post 1 for details&gt;

Quote Originally Posted by EricR View Post
    I prefer February 11. The 18th my birthday.

I prefer April 15. My wife is out of town so I would not be able to make it April 22. I am no expert but I have been using the Pi Xlights and FPP exclusively for this years show with little problems.

Feb 11th is typically what we shoot for. But there's another group that has nabbed our preferred date a couple times. And they usually book two weekends in a row. The rental people start taking new reservations at the start of the new year. But last year I convinced them to book our dates a couple days before the end of the year. I'll try that again .. Need to hear from more members.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Falcon - 2 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: TASL Meeting Plans for 2017 <See Post 1 for details>

Charity and I can NOT make April 22, due to a prior commitment at our Lions Club. The first Saturday after tax day is always a major fund raiser for us.

April 15 should be OK; February 15 may interfere with other member's Valentines Day plans. And I would prefer NOT August 12th. Family members might plan something for that date

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    Charity and I can NOT make April 22, due to a prior commitment at our Lions Club. The first Saturday after tax day is always a major fund raiser for us.

April 15 should be OK; February 15 may interfere with other member's Valentines Day plans. And I would prefer NOT August 12th. Family members might plan something for that date
    Excellent Jack. Others have also suggested April 15 for the Pi day meeting, due to conflicts on April 22nd.

Scott @scottmcl would it be possible to hold this year's Pi day meeting April 15th at your room ? Can you see if it's available ?

Good news - the rental folks have been much easier to work with the last couple years. We've been renting from them a long time, and they are not making me wait until the new year to sign up our dates. Currently I have Feb 11 and Aug 12 reserved. More details in Post 1.

Everyone please check your summer schedules, school pans etc. So you we can be sure the Aug 12th is the right date for the most participation.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

While apr 15 is wide open on my calendar, I'm also seeing it's the last day of spring break and the day before Easter. I'm sure it's available, but I doubt we would have much attendance...

How does 06 May sound?

- Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Several of us talked about a working session for converting to xlights from lor. Would 04 Mar work for y'all?

I can either get our room or if someone has access to a place with a projector and several power outlets, we could meet there and do it. Would need several current xlights users there for assistance. There would also be required homework that converters would need to do before attending.

- Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcl View Post
    Several of us talked about a working session for converting to xlights from lor. Would 04 Mar work for y'all?

I can either get our room or if someone has access to a place with a projector and several power outlets, we could meet there and do it. Would need several current xlights users there for assistance. There would also be required homework that converters would need to do before attending.

I will see if March 4 works. I can moderate this meeting since I have done this before with my sequences. I am not great at Xlights or LOR so help might be needed for some of the gritty details.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

as usal i can t do night time meetings unless some loans me a room for the night, but in all serousness if that is what the group needs go for it ill go with the flow.
    are you sure we checked every bulb?why is that one pixel staying on
    ]www.thelightsonpurserroad.com20200 rgb channels for2018
    Likes scottmcl liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

4/15 pi day?

Ugh...

It really needs to be March 14th.

:-)

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lowe View Post
    4/15 pi day?

Ugh...

It really needs to be March 14th.

:-)
    March 14th is in the middle of the week. So I don't think that would work for an all day meeting. April 15th is a Saturday
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    as usal i can t do night time meetings unless some loans me a room for the night, but in all serousness if that is what the group needs go for it ill go with the flow.
    Hi Mike .. I think we're talking daytime meetings and Saturdays. But if needed, my guest room is available ..

@scottmcl - I have to check with Helen about the May suggestion. We're going to be in Colorado for 10 days in May .. but I don't know when ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    March 14th is in the middle of the week. So I don't think that would work for an all day meeting. April 15th is a Saturday
    Yes, was my attempt at "Math humor"

March 14 aka 3/14 aka 3.14 (Pi Day)
    Thanks scottmcl thanked for this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lowe View Post
    Yes, was my attempt at "Math humor"

March 14 aka 3/14 aka 3.14 (Pi Day)
    AH !!! since we were actually trying to pick dates, it looked legit.

@scottmcl - Are you planning for March 4th for just LOR export-import ? And then May 6 for Pi Day ??
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yes