Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: TASL Meeting Plans for 2017 <See Post 1 for details>

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcl View Post
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have to miss Pi day. I have so many things already booked. After April 22nd, my first Saturday open is weekend off is May 27th. And late May probably starts hitting lots of conflicts for other members. How did I ever keep up when I was working !

No biggie for me to miss Pi Day May 6th. I can pester Eric, Joe, Paul and Matt for Pi networking help :-) The most important meeting for me will be March 4th to get everything out of LOR. I have already started to change my LOR channel config for a clean import to Xlights. I am moving my classic megatree (non pixel) up from 32 channels to 64 channels. So I am changing some of the tree's sequencing in LOR before I migrate.

Joe @Tripplett, I am defining some channels in LOR to hold old non-pixel sequencing. Then I'll use those channels inside Xlights to copy n paste to new RGB sequencing. Can I leave these unused channels assigned to DMX addresses that will not have controllers assigned to the Pi network ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Moving to Xlights for 2017 with multiple Falcon Pi Players

256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX, 2 E681 & 4 E6804 Sandevices, 1 PiCap Falcon Controller,
    Mighty Mini RGB Spots, Pixel Strips, Pixel Nodes, CoroFlakes with Pixel Modules, 10" RGB Ornaments, 2 pixel matrix 16x25,
    TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Pixel RGB RBLs, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I don't entirely follow what you're asking. But if I understand it a little bit you're asking can you have 20 elements (mini trees, LOR channels, arches, whatever) in your XLights show and only sequence against 10 of them. And that's fine, the pi will only send data to what you sequenced in XLights. You're welcome to give me a call if that's not what you're asking.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I am very new to this group so excuse my ignorance but what is the cost for members?

Rebuilding for 2017 :-) kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by thechief96 View Post
    I am very new to this group so excuse my ignorance but what is the cost for members?
    Before we go there, open a new post in the Introductions section to tell us who you are etc. Give us details like your name and where you live. Details about your interest in sequencing lights for Christmas .. or other holidays. Tell us what you are doing with sequencing today, etc ..

Our particular group named TASL meets in South Raleigh NC, but there is also a group in SC. I can't remember which city they use for meetings, but I think it's central or west of central. We are is the largest club within Christmas Carolina, with over 30 members. A lot of folks with very nice displays .. some award winning. We do have members from other states join into our meetings. If you want to consider joining us, go to the Events section and look at the Agenda from past TASL meetings. We will be starting the Feb 11th TASL Meeting agenda topic soon. Our latest focus has been with migrating LOR users to Xlights. But we always keep focus on LOR Vixen and other sequencing solutions, plus their associated hardware.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

256 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX, 2 E681 & 4 E6804 Sandevices, 1 PiCap Falcon Controller,
    Mighty Mini RGB Spots, Pixel Strips, Pixel Nodes, CoroFlakes with Pixel Modules, 10" RGB Ornaments, 2 pixel matrix 16x25,
    TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Pixel RGB RBLs, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I always see tables of stuff and people bring things to show off but I've never really seen a coordinated buy, sell, trade type of activity. i also never know if the items on tables are for sale or just to show the group. I have a few things to get rid of and I've seen others say the same. Maybe we can set up a small time window to have people show or list what they have for sale/swap/free? And maybe signs to note specific tables as sale/swap/free items? Maybe we can also list the items in the forum here under the 'for sale' section with a notation that those items will also be at the TASL meeting...

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplett View Post
    I always see tables of stuff and people bring things to show off but I've never really seen a coordinated buy, sell, trade type of activity. i also never know if the items on tables are for sale or just to show the group. I have a few things to get rid of and I've seen others say the same. Maybe we can set up a small time window to have people show or list what they have for sale/swap/free? And maybe signs to note specific tables as sale/swap/free items? Maybe we can also list the items in the forum here under the 'for sale' section with a notation that those items will also be at the TASL meeting...
    Yes, love this idea. I was planning to bring some LOR stuff to sell trade.... might even have a spool or 2 of SPT, etc.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

This is a case of Conditioned Response .. So I blame Pavlov's dog ! Everyone is so used to seeing the TASL meeting notices, many have stopped reading it. So you get conditioned to passing over good things.

There is a paragraph towards the end of the notice that encourages selling for every meeting. I think there was a bunch of selling and trading last year at the Feb meeting. Mike left with a trailer full. But I don't think there was much if anything being sold last August.

What we have done in the past is to designate the back right corner for the for sale items. To help out a little, anyone selling stuff should try to bring a sheet of paper for a sign, and some tape to stick it on the wall. Then we'll all know. I'll add that to the paragraph (that rarely gets read) ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hello Everyone. We are 3 weeks away from the scheduled August meeting. Does the date still work for people? Who all plans to come? Denny, do we want to start a new thread for this?
    Likes scottmcl liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by EricR View Post
    Hello Everyone. We are 3 weeks away from the scheduled August meeting. Does the date still work for people? Who all plans to come? Denny, do we want to start a new thread for this?
    Yes .. I am very delinquent. Been busy trying to get my business going at home. And we took some time off for a couple small vacations. I'll have the Aug 12th agenda up today so we can work it through. I also send an email to everyone on the TASL list.

We can't change the date. We already queried everyone to make sure the date was still good. Hopefully everyone stuck to that plan ! We'd have to move to a different rental hall if we moved the date now (which we can't afford) ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole