View Poll Results: How many Saturday TASL meetings do you want for 2016?

Voters
13. (You need to login to vote)
  • Two

7 53.85%
  • Three

6 46.15%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: <PLANNING> 2016 TASL MEETINGS - See Post #1 for Decisions & Plans

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: <PLANNING> 2016 TASL MEETINGS - See Post #1 for Decisions & Plans

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcl View Post
    Try this list. I'm curious if anyone buys anything off it and the items disappear from the list. Please let me know so I can figure it out through Amazon. I know I've seen others create lists like this in the past to share with other users.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/g..._nav_recip_gl?

Is a class 4 sd card going to create any problems? I know a class 10 would be faster (class 4 is 4mb/s vs class 10 is 10 mb/s) but is it advisable or would it make no meaningful difference?
    Clayton NC, Gregg Gusta & Son Ben, Was converting to LED lights gave up, went back to incan!! not a single pixel in sight!
    Like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gustafamilychristmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

im all for the east side thing Works for me
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by ggusta View Post
    Is a class 4 sd card going to create any problems? I know a class 10 would be faster (class 4 is 4mb/s vs class 10 is 10 mb/s) but is it advisable or would it make no meaningful difference?
    I have a class 4 as well and it works, 10 of course would be faster...
    Thanks ggusta thanked for this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Here is the list of requirements from falconchristmas.com with the salient points copied over

Falcon Player - What Do I Need To Get Started?

The following information will get you started and list what you need to purchase/download.

Basic System Requirements:
    Raspberry Pi
    Raspberry Pi Model A, A+, B, B+, or v2 B Project Board (v2 B preferred)
    At least a 8GB Class 4 or higher SD Card (micro-SD needed for B+ and v2 B)
    At least a 4GB or higher USB Flash Drive
    5V 1A or higher Micro USB Power Supply (2A preferred)

With just the above items, your PI or BBB will be able to send out E.131 without any additional requirements. You will still need hardware to receive E.131 at the other end and that is beyond this post.

Optional Items:

Wireless N Nano USB Adapter
    External Powered USB Hub
    RGB LCD Display (Pi-only)
    Real Time Clock (a.k.a. RTC) - If you don't plan on having your Pi internet-connected and want to run schedules at proper times, you will need to add an RTC. If your FPP system will be internet connected, you do not need an RTC. The following options are available:
    Raspberry Pi
    DS1305-based RTC
    PCF2127x-based RTC (RasClock is popular among FPP users)
    MCP7941x-based RTC (PiFace is popular as well)
    Clayton NC, Gregg Gusta & Son Ben, Was converting to LED lights gave up, went back to incan!! not a single pixel in sight!
    Like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gustafamilychristmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcl View Post
    Try this list. I'm curious if anyone buys anything off it and the items disappear from the list. Please let me know so I can figure it out through Amazon. I know I've seen others create lists like this in the past to share with other users.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/g..._nav_recip_gl?
    I recently purchased this kit - Amazon.com: CanaKit Raspberry Pi 2 Complete Starter Kit (9-Items): Computers & Accessories. It contains everything, except the Pi is the newer model, the Pi2 with 1GB of memory. I saw in another post somewhere here that FPP should work on it (but haven't verified myself yet, this is referring to it as "V2 problems").

As for the meeting, I have not voted yet as I honestly don't know what we should do at this point. To me, it's really up if we can get the meeting hall for Feburary. If we have to hold it elsewhere, it could impact finances and to me that's the deciding point. @kidcole, did you manage to get the room yet?
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I got confirmation today. We do have our regular rental hall (Swift Creek Community Center) for the Feb 6th meeting !! I am in class this week at NC State (taking Adobe Illustrator). I'll get a schedule started by the weekend.

So far it looks like the two meeting plan is ahead in the voting, but by only one vote.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control
    Likes rcktpwrd liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Just a heads up that our next TASL meeting is Saturday August 13th. Mark your calendars now !

See Post 1 for the voting details.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Bump !!

Another heads up for the final 2016 TASL meeting Saturday August 13th. Mark your calendars now !

I will start the meeting agenda discussion and call for presenters by mid July.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Likes FrankP, Jack Stevens liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

You guys want some Wilmington invaders!?
    Likes davecw liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight2 View Post
    You guys want some Wilmington invaders!?
    Absolutely .. All are welcome. Guests too .. We would even take Trump and Clinton, but only if they promise to mud wrestle for us ! We could synchronize them to music. I'll be posting soon. Got delayed today when my wife ended up in the hospital. Kidney Stones (no fun !).
    Thanks,

Denny Cole