Tennessee ++ Fall Mini

All are invited, not just the folks from TN. Weve had folks from GA, NC, SC, FL and even once, someone from New Zealand.

WHEN: Saturday, September 12, 2015

WHERE: Cleveland, TN (Just north of Chattanooga off of I-75)

3787 Blue Springs Road in Cleveland, TN

TIME: TBD (usually 9 am 4 pm)

Well take up $$ for lunch, usually pizza.

We will discuss all aspects of putting together a great display from nuts and bolts to finished display. This is a great time for newcomers to ask questions.

Topics will/can range from:

Lights to use: Incandescent, LEDs, RGB dumb and smart strings.

Hardware: basic controllers, E1.31, Sandevices, J1SYS, Falcon, LOR, etc.

Software: LOR S4, Pixel Editor, Superstar, Xlights/Nutcracker (XL4), and any of the others if anyone has experience with them, (Vixen, Hls).

Power Injection: This is something that all can learn when using the low voltage, DC items such as pixels and basic RGB.

If the interest is there, several of us can demonstrate good and most likely, different techniques for soldering, ie. connecting pixel strips or strings, adding pigtails, waterproofing, soldering controller boards together and such.

Been there, done that. We can have one on one instruction if the need arises. Lots of us have been doing this for several years and have the "Been there, done that and I got the t-shirt" mentality. We're all willing to share our experiences, good and bad.
If anyone has any of the new controllers, LOR Pixcon16, Falcon F16v2, Advatek Pixlite etc., bring it to the Mini. These are the newest E1.31 controller on the market and Im sure some would like to see how its set up. I'll have one of the Falcon boards by then, hopefully. I have a Pixcon 16 ordered, but it probably won't be here in time.

Construction of elements: Need ideas how to construct leaping arches, mega trees, spiral trees, a Matrix, Marty fan, etc. Bring your new, cool element, to show off. It gives others ideas for creating new exciting elements for their display as well as how to build them.

What's new for this year: Let's talk about what's new for your show this year. Any problems during construction of elements, controllers, sequencing, etc.?

Anything else? If there's anything else you'd like to talk about, post about it here and we'll put it on the list.

Mark your calendar for the September 12th.