Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting August 22, 2015 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Sorry some of you guys missed it. As always, today was a great meeting. We learned how to design wireframes, how to make our own RGB Spot lights (4 20W RGB spots with waterproof cases for less than $120 (including everything). By contrast, my first 4 RGB Spots cost me about $360 !! Sam shared a 15 degree RGB spot with an amazingly tight beam for RGB (small circle). Mike showed his portable power panel and also gave an hour class on Nutcracker with LOR .. A lot of good fellowship today.

I also announced to everyone that I took a severance package from Lenovo .. retiring Spet 30th .. Four weeks ago we sold our house in 45 minutes with no realtor, and next weekend we move to Clayton .. about 35 miles southeast of our current house. A lot happening here at my house. 200 boxes packed and another 70 or 80 to go! I do plan to stay active with TASL .. I'll be living less than 2 miles from Blaine .. But this year's Christmas display will be small .. I'll pump it up next year ..
    Last edited by kidcole; 08-22-2015 at 09:23 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting August 22, 2015 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

well we did have a good meeting today enjoyed seeing everyone again on another note im sorry to say that the items nancy gave me and the ones i bought from her did not finish the trip with me i was only 4 miles from home when i was passed by a tractor trailer with 2 drivers in the cab window was down on the pass side i guess he tru out a lit cigarette and i guess it lamded in the shrink rap and cardboard boxes the props were in heres the result https://youtu.be/dInqVY7b37I
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    well we did have a good meeting today enjoyed seeing everyone again on another note im sorry to say that the items nancy gave me and the ones i bought from her did not finish the trip with me i was only 4 miles from home when i was passed by a tractor trailer with 2 drivers in the cab window was down on the pass side i guess he tru out a lit cigarette and i guess it lamded in the shrink rap and cardboard boxes the props were in heres the result https://youtu.be/dInqVY7b37I
    Oh Mike .. I am speachless. That is just a nasty thing that they did to you .. I am so sorry .. SO sad ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

WOW that truly sucks!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

well all was not lost i was thinking clear enuff to unhook the trail blazer and remove the weed eater fuel and im ok just a little singed the trail blazer thing wasn t meant as a joke but it looks that way to me. When the lawn service blazer goes into service it will carry 2 fire ext.
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

well all was not lost i was thinking clear enuff to unhook the trail blazer and remove the weed eater fuel and im ok just a little singed the trail blazer thing wasn t meant as a joke but it looks that way to me. When the lawn service blazer goes into service it will carry 2 fire ext.
    Were you able to drop the back and pull anything off the trailer before the fire got it ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

no i wish i had been it looks like the fire started close to the back when i stoped to check it out it was like i trew gasoline on it

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

no i wish i had been it looks like the fire started close to the back when i stoped to check it out it was like i trew gasoline on it
    Helen and I feel so bad about this. Just terrible that someone would do that to you. Just plain mean ! That is why a lot of people drive with a gopro !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Mike -

I don't know what to say. I really hate that it happened. i mentioned it to someone else and was asked something I can't answer, so I'll ask you. Any idea who it was that did it? I was actually asked "did they catch the guy" but I suspect the answer to that is "No, they went way down the road before you noticed it."

Did you lose your portable power panel in the blaze? Is the trailer salvageable? I assume it would have to at least be repainted. What else did you lose? And did you handle that on your own, or were any authorities called, and are you going to file for an insurance reimbursement on it? I'm no insurance expert, but I suspect that if your auto insurance won't cover it, your homeowner's might.

And yeah, fire extinguishers are a good idea. I have one in the trunk of my car, should have it secured so I wouldn't have to dig for it. And I should put one in the truck.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Mike sorry to hear about this. Glad you are ok, hate you lost all the items you had gotten , but they can be replaced, you can't.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

well thanks guys no thank the good lord i had the ppp in side the trail blazer not on the trailer i was able to unhook it befor the heat got to the blazer home owners will not help was not on my lot the suspects did get away trailer is totaled alto it now has 2 new tires and rims fire and state police were on scene reports filed insurace called and visited today waiting on copy of recites from Nancy insurance limit for contents is 3000 with a 500 deductible new trailer was picked up today.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

OMG! I am so sorry this happened to you But glad you are ok and the truck was undamaged. People are just horrible sometimes

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

this has been a very busy week to say the least but you can take this as fact our show will go live December 1st at 530 pm THIS PHOENIX WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES.
    Likes AnniesSS, Jack Stevens, rcktpwrd liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

sand blasted 2 of the lower sections of the 6 foot tree today fire warped it a tic but nothing i can t fix this will be a partof our display this year hoping to get it and the 8 foot tree back in usable shape
    Likes rcktpwrd liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

well i think its allmost over i sold the new tires and rims for 40 bucks more than i had in them and had to give the trailer frame away to get rid of it .at least its out of the yard and thats one more reminder gone.