Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Unofficial LOR training night wanted

Quote Originally Posted by AnniesSS View Post
    Hey y'all!!! Anyone available either of these nights? Joel and I can't make it to the TASL Aug 22 He's working and I'll be at a car show.
    Here are the dates again:

Aug 11 13 or 20 say 7pm at the Starbucks on Lake Boone Trail.

Which one works best for everyone else?
    Wow .. bummer you will miss TASL. The 11th is best for me. 13th is a maybe. Can't do the 20th.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yeah, I know But summer is the time for my trucks Even tho we have lots to get done for our light display, sometimes, you just gotta play too

Ok, so 3 votes for Aug 11. I think I'll book that night then.

Joel and I will probably go to (Chubby's Taco) Guasaca for dinner in the shopping center behind the Starbucks if anyone would like to join us

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Yeah, I know But summer is the time for my trucks Even tho we have lots to get done for our light display, sometimes, you just gotta play too

Ok, so 3 votes for Aug 11. I think I'll book that night then.

Joel and I will probably go to (Chubby's Taco) Guasaca for dinner in the shopping center behind the Starbucks if anyone would like to join us
    Let us know when you get the room booked and how long you can get it ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i like jacks idea even i could partake then team viewer works great and it s free
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Aug 11 7:30-9:30 the room is ours Look forward to seeing you guys and learning some - especially since we can't make the TASL meeting

If anyone wants to join us for dinner beforehand at Chubby's/Guasaca, feel free! We'll be there about 6.30

Thanks!!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    i like jacks idea even i could partake then team viewer works great and it s free
    I will try to use it. I would appreciate if you could do the planning for this so first one, so all I have to do is bring it up and share my screen. Let me know. I am not sure which viewer Sean uses for his Nutcracker classes, but we I hope it's not team viewer. That one is a mess ! Also we are dealing with the bandwidth of whatever wifi they have at Starbucks, with other people also tied in. If it bogs down then we'll have to scrap the idea for Starbucks. If that happens, then we can schedule another class with everyone on their own internet service ..

If this works quickly and easily for our LOR 101 beginner class, then I'd like to see arrange another class for the Visualizer (that you could teach with Team Viewer).

Aug 11 7:30-9:30 the room is ours Look forward to seeing you guys and learning some - especially since we can't make the TASL meeting

If anyone wants to join us for dinner beforehand at Chubby's/Guasaca, feel free! We'll be there about 6.30

Thanks!!
    I'll give it a shot, but I won't know until that night ...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Thanks AnniesSS thanked for this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny i ll be glad to help out online some but i up graded to lor 4 and there are some differences but we can work around that every one that wants to joint in needs to download and install the latest version of team viewer i use it a lot and it works fine most of the issues Sean had were related to all the crap he has running on his machine at once.you can only get 12 volts out of a 12 volt battery.pardon the pun.but please be advised im am in the middle of prepping for my retirement and and also starting up my own lawn care service.heck im still setting up my visualizer in 4.0
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    Denny i ll be glad to help out online some but i up graded to lor 4 and there are some differences but we can work around that every one that wants to joint in needs to download and install the latest version of team viewer i use it a lot and it works fine most of the issues Sean had were related to all the crap he has running on his machine at once.you can only get 12 volts out of a 12 volt battery.pardon the pun.but please be advised im am in the middle of prepping for my retirement and and also starting up my own lawn care service.heck im still setting up my visualizer in 4.0
    I hear ya ! I am in the same situtation with retiring in Sept and trying to get my business going. I don't really have time to set this up either. I don't think we need teamviewer for the beginner class. Let's shoot for Teamviewer for the next one. We can discuss a date for the TeamViewer training at the TASL in 3 weeks...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

ok what ever i just thought every one could install it and look it over would save a heck of a lot of time during class

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Good Day.

So there is going to be an LOR training on August 11th is what I have heard so far. Is it going to be at Starbucks or some other location? Please let me know the details as I wold like to partake in this as well. I know that it is from 7:30 to 9:30 PM based on what I have seen so far.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

James Van Horn

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by James van Horn View Post
    Good Day.

So there is going to be an LOR training on August 11th is what I have heard so far. Is it going to be at Starbucks or some other location? Please let me know the details as I wold like to partake in this as well. I know that it is from 7:30 to 9:30 PM based on what I have seen so far.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

James Van Horn
    Yes, the UNofficial LOR training class is Officially Aug 11th at Starbucks on Lake Boone Trail (off the beltline). We have the room from 7:30 till 9:30. Annie has also invited anyone who want wants to come .... to join her for dinner starting at 6:30. See her post.

Bring your laptops with LOR installed. This will be a beginner level course. We will move fairly quick through all the important functions of the software, to get through it in 2 hours. Also be sure to patronize the Starbucks. The rooms are free but they expect us to buy stuff instead.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks!!
    Annie -

What sone(s) are you interested in getting sequenced? I find that doing actual samples quite often helps it "click."

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

This year he wants to do a shimmer without music. But maybe next year we'll see how wants to do it.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

This year he wants to do a shimmer without music. But maybe next year we'll see how wants to do it.
    Interesting .. The LOR Shimmer is not a very good effect and will drive your eyes nuts if that's all you do. If you are not going to use music then what you want is called an Animation. I can help you through that. The light sequencing is still the same ...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Anyone else coming besides Annie, Joel, Jack, Paul and Bob ? ... and me.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole