Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting May 2, 2015 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplett View Post
    I like that Denny. I'm having a hard time planning what to add to my display this year. Holiday Coro is in the middle of its second pre sale. It ends The end of May and I have needs but need some advice. I'll be at the meeting and will bring some food tbd.
    Great ! I am a fan of Holiday Coro .. See ya May 2nd. This will be a small meeting, so we'll have to coordinate food ! We can do that during the week before the meeting.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Two years ago I brought what was albeit f stunted but functional megatree. I also had a different construction one outside. Both were brought with the idea of "This is how I did it, to give you ideas how you might do it."

Any interest in that again?
    Likes Samj435 liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

im planing on being there
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    Two years ago I brought what was albeit f stunted but functional megatree. I also had a different construction one outside. Both were brought with the idea of "This is how I did it, to give you ideas how you might do it."

Any interest in that again?
    I remember that very well. It helped us envision and build the megatree we currently have. Great for beginners or anyone wanting to know how to go above 15 feet!
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    im planing on being there
    Excellent Mike .. We will have a small crowd this meeting. Glad you can make it.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We need to figure out our menu for lunch, or we can just run out to the area and buy our own lunches (or bring lunch). There won't be enough people to come up with a decent menu, particularly since one was just going to bring plates and flatware. What are your thoughts about his ?

If you are planning to attend, please post what you think we should do for lunch. I am fine with bringing my lunch, or going out ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

ill bring something not sure what just yet im so far out
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    ill bring something not sure what just yet im so far out
    Unless we can coordiate the food, I suggest we either go out for lunch or we each bring our lunch ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Since it's such a small group i suggest we go out for lunch.

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Charity and I have been talking over food. We'll be bringing a meat/cheese tray and other sandwich makin's.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    Charity and I have been talking over food. We'll be bringing a meat/cheese tray and other sandwich makin's.
    Great Jack/Charity .. That gives us a base to work from.

@Chris Gebhardt - Looks like we could use some sides or another main dish.
    @James van Horne - we only need plates and plastic for maybe a dozen tops. Perhaps you bring a desert ?

@rooster423 - you could still go out if you want to pass on the pot luck.
    @Tripplett @mpurser and @ozarkboy2 - let us know what you will bring

EVERYONE - be sure to bring your own drinks for the day. Select your food to complement what others are brining. There are 9 people coming. So keep that in mind with the portion sizes.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

How about I bring some chips and pretzels. Snack stuff. I may not be able to stay all day.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

does everybody like rotisserie chicken? if so i could go get one just before we break for lunch and bring? if not i am open to suggestions

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by rooster423 View Post
    does everybody like rotisserie chicken? if so i could go get one just before we break for lunch and bring? if not i am open to suggestions
    There is a grocery store nearby. They usualy have chicken and other sides, etc
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Good Day.

I will look to bring plates and stuff for about a dozen people and look at bringing a dessert as well. No problems there.