Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 21, 2015 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 21, 2015 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Quote Originally Posted by James van Horn View Post
    Would definitely like to see the drone in action or at least the drone. I am still putting my display away and already working on what I want to do for this year. Will be interesting to see if I can pull it off.
    Ill bring the drone.... we can fly it in the parking lot after the meeting! :-)

Maybe use it for an aerial group shot of the meeting...
    Likes AnniesSS liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 21, 2015 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lowe View Post
    Ill bring the drone.... we can fly it in the parking lot after the meeting! :-)

Maybe use it for an aerial group shot of the meeting...
    I like the idea of an aerial group shot. We'll just have to figure out how to do it quickly. The agenda is packed! I am hoping some of the sessions can be shorter than the schedule time.

The best time for the drone demo and group aerial photo will be during lunch. We have the group buy discussion also during lunch, but I'll help drive that one to finish by 12:45, then we can do the drone stuff prior to the first session after lunch.

FUN !!
    Last edited by kidcole; 02-13-2015 at 01:24 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    I like the idea of an aerial group shot. We'll just have to figure out how to do it quickly. The agenda is packed! I am hoping some of the sessions can be shorter than the schedule time.

The best time for the drone demo and group aerial photo will be during lunch. We have the group buy discussion also during lunch, but I'll help drive that one to finish by 12:45, then we can do the drone stuff prior to the first session after lunch.

FUN !!
    I agree Denny, my suggestion was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

The focus of this day is on LIGHTS!!

Perhaps we can add a segment in a subsequent meeting on the topic of "best practices & strategies for photographing your display"
    Last edited by kidcole; 02-13-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I agree Denny, my suggestion was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

The focus of this day is on LIGHTS!!

Perhaps we can add a segment in a subsequent meeting on the topic of "best practices & strategies for photographing your display"
    Actually this ties in quite well. Everyone has an interest in drone videos for their Christmas displays. This is a perfect agenda item. I schedule it for 15 minutes at 12:45.

On a similar topic, Don Williams has contacts with a couple guys who are gearing up to shoot drone and land-based videos, for hire. Apparently they will do the whole thing, including mixing the original audio and creating the finished product. Don will provide info at the TASL.

ONLY 8 DAYS to the first 2015 TASL meeting ! We have a great group of attendees lined up. It's a large group, so please arrive early and help us set up tables. I'll open the doors by 8am!

The official meeting starts at 9:15am
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Actually this ties in quite well. Everyone has an interest in drone videos for their Christmas displays. This is a perfect agenda item. I schedule it for 15 minutes at 12:45.

On a similar topic, Don Williams has contacts with a couple guys who are gearing up to shoot drone and land-based videos, for hire. Apparently they will do the whole thing, including mixing the original audio and creating the finished product. Don will provide info at the TASL.
    Hmmm. for hire?

Well, lets see if they can beat my rates:
    I will work n exchange for soldering work and/or Bojangels. :-)

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny, I'm still in, and my son Tim may come out with me.
    I'll bring a desert "Gooey Butter Cake"

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i will be attending Denny . I will bring some sort of dessert

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm making chilli with fixins Is anyone bringing plates/bowls/utensils? Oh and I have some Spongebob Sugar cookies too lol

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hmmm. for hire?

Well, lets see if they can beat my rates:
    I will work n exchange for soldering work and/or Bojangels. :-)
    I like your thinking !

Over the past few years it's been hard to find people who will do the whole thing including all the mixing of multiple views, syncing the original audio, creating the master version videos .. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkboy2 View Post
    Denny, I'm still in, and my son Tim may come out with me.
    I'll bring a desert "Gooey Butter Cake"
    Excellent Bob .. I think he will enjoy all the clever ideas, tips and tricks that will be passed around. There will be outrageously creative people in the same room for this meeting. Everyone has some great stuff to share ! Sadly we don't have three days to see exactly what each person is doing. Most of the sessions except specific demos are for everyone to ask questions or share their solution to a problem .. etc .. etc .. etc ..

Quote Originally Posted by rooster423 View Post
    i will be attending Denny . I will bring some sort of dessert
    Scott ! We've not seen you in a while. Im glad to hear it. See ya in a week ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Hey Denny, I'm bringing my wife out with Tim and I. Shari's been a lot of help from the first time we ever lit a house up, some 20 years ago.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkboy2 View Post
    Hey Denny, I'm bringing my wife out with Tim and I. Shari's been a lot of help from the first time we ever lit a house up, some 20 years ago.
    Great ! There are 4 or 5 wives coming.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I will be there for sure as Allen Holt and I will be driving from southeast Va. Can someone give me a suggestion as to what food or supply items I could bring? Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

it never fails when i can t come everyboy else does (yall trying to tell me something?)
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    it never fails when i can t come everyboy else does (yall trying to tell me something?)
    If it makes you feel any better I replied yesterday morning about food and if other supplies were being brought and no one replied

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

LOL i was just trying to insert some humor Im sure Denny will get
    back to ya
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com