Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 21, 2015 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 21, 2015 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Being as it is in February I'll bring some chili with bread or chips/crackers. I have some ideas I want to share like making RGB snowflakes out of pixel rectangular modules.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting February 21, 2015 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Quote Originally Posted by tsavage View Post
    I will be there and this time my wife plan to come with me. I will bring a vegetable dish and a few ribs.
    Glad to hear it Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplett View Post
    Being as it is in February I'll bring some chili with bread or chips/crackers. I have some ideas I want to share like making RGB snowflakes out of pixel rectangular modules.
    Good idea for the snowflake. I would also like you to demo the Rasberry Pie. I anticipate more members using those once everyone sees how simple it is !

Quote Originally Posted by petulka77 View Post
    I'll be out of town that weekend. Hopefully next time.
    Petr
    Sorry to hear this. We look forward to seeing you next meeting. It would be nice if you would demo the J1Sys controller for next meeting. let me know.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sure. Ras Pi demo would be fine. I'll work something out for the snowflake as well.

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Right now, I'm planning to be there. Not sure about Charity. We have a new granddaughter - 9 days old as of right now - and GranC (Charity) is helping out the parents with their second child a lot, more than I am. My plans may yet get pre-empted.

I'm not sure about food right now.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i will not be able to come to this meeting my MOM has stage 4 gal bladder cancer and im sorry to say the time is getting closer she has been fighting the good fight for 4 months now.
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sorry to hear that, your family will be in our thoughts n prayers.

Bob

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    i will not be able to come to this meeting my MOM has stage 4 gal bladder cancer and im sorry to say the time is getting closer she has been fighting the good fight for 4 months now.
    I'm so sorry - I hope your mom is comfortable and in little pain. She will be in our thoughts.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Announcing the first meeting of 2015 for the Triangle Area Synchronized Lighting <TASL> group.
    Count me in!

I'm afraid I will mainly RECEIVING information here and not able to add much in the way of expertise! I bring double desserts to make up for it! :-)
    Likes Jack Stevens liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    We'll miss you Mike. It's great that you can spend time with your mom ! You will cherish this time ..

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lowe View Post
    Count me in!

I'm afraid I will mainly RECEIVING information here and not able to add much in the way of expertise! I bring double desserts to make up for it! :-)
    Not a problem Paul. Since you are expanding to multiple neighbors (similar to Scott), in the future we'll be interested in seeing how you handle that expansion.
    Last edited by kidcole; 02-02-2015 at 02:19 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Mike -

I'll keep your Mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Paul -

We all receive more than we share at those meetings, even if we get up and do a presentation.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post

Paul -

We all receive more than we share at those meetings, even if we get up and do a presentation.
    Well, I actually might bring some new coro creations Ive been evaluating for this season....

Other than that, I could fly the drone around the room, but I suspect that could get dangerous :-)
    Likes AnniesSS liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lowe View Post
    Well, I actually might bring some new coro creations Ive been evaluating for this season....

Other than that, I could fly the drone around the room, but I suspect that could get dangerous :-)
    If there is time, I can show a little bit of the drone videos that you shot of my display. But I may not have time to sync up the music by then. Been really busy.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I think Ralph and I will be coming down from chesapeake va. We came once before and had a very good time. We just have not had a chance to make it again since then. I was on episode 1 season 1 of the light fight. It will be good to see everyone again.

holtfamilylights.com
    Likes AnniesSS liked this post

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I think Ralph and I will be coming down from chesapeake va. We came once before and had a very good time. We just have not had a chance to make it again since then. I was on episode 1 season 1 of the light fight. It will be good to see everyone again.
    This is great news Allen. It will be very nice to have two Light Fight participants at the meeting ! I just spoke with DOn Williams and he is also coming. He was the Jingle Brawls winner on the Family Channel in 2013.

If Ralph is also a member here, please let me know his ID (and full name) so I can list him. Also please check the participants on Post 1. You can see what food people are bringing and try to pick something different. Then either post or PM what you want to bring. You can also join our TASL email list by sending me a private message with your complete contact info - Name, address, cell phone number, and email address.

EVERYONE - if we don't have the food you plan to bring PLEASE send me a PM with that information so I can add it to the list. As the meeting gets larger, this is important so we don't have 6 of you all showing up with a Bojangles box of chicken !
    btw - Don Williams is bringing that item !
    Last edited by kidcole; 02-12-2015 at 11:02 AM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Mike. Sorry about your mom. Enjoy your time with her for sure. Would definitely like to see the drone in action or at least the drone. I am still putting my display away and already working on what I want to do for this year. Will be interesting to see if I can pull it off.