View Poll Results: Which Nights for TASL Tour ?

Voters
11. (You need to login to vote)
  • I can only join the tour Dec 28th

2 18.18%
  • I can only join the tour Dec 29th

1 9.09%
  • I am flexible for either the 28th or the 29th

8 72.73%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TASL Tour 2014 <See Post #1 for Final Plans >

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default TASL Tour 2014 <See Post #1 for Final Plans >

It's time to start collecting the responses for TASL tour 2014. We always meet on a weeknight after Christmas, so I am proposing either December 28 or December 29. Please only vote if you are planning to join us for TASL Tour. I set the polling to show the names.

We will plan the route and start time once we collect the participants. You can reply here is you want to join but you do not want to include your own show. Either due to distance or for those who are not running but want to join the fun.

We will pick a central location to park cars and carpool from there. Usually we meet in the shopping center at Kildaire Farm road and Cary Parkway. That way once we get to the end of the run, I can bring back a pile of people (5 plus me) in my truck .. to let the other drivers head home.

After we know the number of houses and distance, we will determine that length of time we can spend at each house, so you can make of a schedule to show the group what you want ...

< sidebar > - - I always show Wizards in Winter

DETAILS:
    ************************************************** ***************************************
    Participants: DATE is Sunday night 12/28. I hope the rain does not mess up our tour. Bring umbrellas in case.

Denny Cole
    Jack Stevens
    Chris Gebhardt
    Sam Johnson
    Paul Lowe
    Dariusz Bartkiewicz
    Ross & Darlene Shotts
    Ben and Greg Gusta
    Scott McLellan (maybe)
    Joe Tripp
    Peter Cipera
    Santa Settles

Joel & Annie Goldman are new members with a static display. They wanted to join us but they are traveling. Annie has asked if we would stop by to see their static display and then comment on how they might want to break it up for sequencing. I will try to fit their address into the tour for a short stop. 6331 Deerview Rd Raleigh NC 27606

ATTACHED is the TASL TOUR 2014 addresses with a summary map. I WILL update it if any others decide to join (by tomorrow afternoon). I will also send (by email) an updated version of the address list, with cell phone numbers added for communications. The total tour distance is currently 91 miles round trip back to my house in Cary. Sing Greg's has is "far East Raleigh" from most of us, I put them near the end of the tour in case it is too late for some of you. I also included Joel & Annie's house at the end in case time permits. For those who ride with me, I will be happy to drive out to Greg's and stop by Annie/Joel's on the way back to where the cars are parked. I can take 5 people in my truck (plus me).

If each of us make up a show schedule that is about 12 minutes long, then we should be able to make the full tour in about 4 hours. We always run over so if we start conservative, then we still end up finishing in decent time.

MEETING TIME & LOCATION: Arrive between 5:00pm and 5:10pm. The meeting location is in front of Trader Joes (at the top of the parking lot) 1393 Kildaire Farm Rd, Cary, NC 27511. We will depart the parking lot no later than 5:20. My house is first, and only about 1/4 mile from the parking lot. All of you can decide in the parking lot whether you want to drive or not.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kidcole; 12-26-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: TASL Tour 2014 <See Post #1 for Final Plans >

We'd like to join up, but we're going to Florida for the Jets-Dolphins game. Our lights will be running while we are gone
    Last edited by kidcole; 12-18-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sunday or Monday? Why not Saturday?

I may have a bit of an issue with Monday; I have to work.

My show isn't worth seeing this year. I'm still adding to it, and it's not to where I had it last year.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I prefer Monday but Sunday will work for me too.

Dariusz

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

maybe yall will still be doing this when i retire then i can partake .
    Last edited by kidcole; 12-18-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I marked 28th only- but only because I don't know what time y'all have in mind for the start:

On the 29th my daughter is playing in an XMAS basketball tournament.... in Lee County. We probably wont be back into the Cary area until 9-ish.
    Last edited by kidcole; 12-18-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

What about two separate days? I have to work Monday, so either day is not that great for me. Due to the number of displays we visit, we could do an east/west breakage of them.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Either date works for me!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    maybe yall will still be doing this when i retire then i can partake .
    We should be, unless everyone just gets sick of doing this .. :-)
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    What about two separate days? I have to work Monday, so either day is not that great for me. Due to the number of displays we visit, we could do an east/west breakage of them.
    I don't mind that idea Sam.

I was mostly thinking everyone would like Sunday night so we don't have to deal with folks who get in from work late. and with Chris asking for Sunday, I am thinking we set this up for Sunday for as many as we could visit by 10pm. Then start an overflow date with a second set of houses.

One thing about having two tours, is I would bet that most would want to see Petr's display with over 10,000 pixels .. over 30,000 channels. Let's see how many sign up !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny i will be doing this untill my m/s stops me hopefully thats years down the road but one thing i ll never forget the smiles i ve gotten to see and the folks i have met while thay were viewing my display or the folks i have-met here i will have to admit one thing william b . did me a favor when he directed me here.
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    Denny i will be doing this untill my m/s stops me hopefully thats years down the road but one thing i ll never forget the smiles i ve gotten to see and the folks i have met while thay were viewing my display or the folks i have-met here i will have to admit one thing william b . did me a favor when he directed me here.
    That's nice to know Mike ! Yes, I always liked William. He just went off the deep end for a while. I drove to his show last year. Several hours but worth it to see 6 20" pixel trees ! This year he has 8 !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I'm planning to attend.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Koi_plumber (Ross & Darlene Shotts) would like to supply some ooooos and aaaaaahs. Will be coming up from Florence SC. We will need to drive the circuit; we will need to bring our two big dawgs with us, they do not make good carpool participants.
    Please post the specifics on the where and when. If someone can message me a contact number so if anything arises, I can let the group know.
    Ross Shotts (100,000+ light total)
    www.lights4paws.com

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Good Day.

I would love for everyone to come by and see the lights, we will not be home during that time and the display will most likely be off. When I do return on Jan 3, and 4th. The display will run both nights as the final weekend. Hope that all can make it.
    Likes AnniesSS liked this post