View Poll Results: Which Nights for TASL Tour ?

Voters
11. (You need to login to vote)
  • I can only join the tour Dec 28th

2 18.18%
  • I can only join the tour Dec 29th

1 9.09%
  • I am flexible for either the 28th or the 29th

8 72.73%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TASL Tour 2014 <See Post #1 for Final Plans >

Newbie Extraordinaire... scottmcl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: TASL Tour 2014 <See Post #1 for Final Plans >

Corrections in the list:

D: Paul
    E: Scott
    F: Chris
    G: Petr

Not sure about where the others fit properly...

I'll keep in touch with you Sunday, Denny, to let you know if I'm in or not. If not, y'all let me know if anyone is interested in going Monday with me...
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    Denny, on the PDF, I'm listed as stop "H" on the map, but "F" on the list.
    Got it ! Ooops .. I forgot to finish sorting the spreadsheet. It is updated.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcl View Post

I'll keep in touch with you Sunday, Denny, to let you know if I'm in or not. If not, y'all let me know if anyone is interested in going Monday with me...
    Sounds good Scott. I can make up a tour sheet with a different start point if you need one. Will you still have your show running for the Sunday night group to see ?

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    I posted the first draft of the tour on post 1. Please read the DETAILS section. I will update the file if we get any changes by Saturday afternoon (please not later than 3pm).

@ozarkboy2 Bob Wheeldon, I never heard back from you after my reply. Are you joining us (and any others coming with you)? Do you want your house on the tour?
    I added this quote back in to remind everyone to pick up the sheet on Post number 1 and be sure to read the DETAILS section.

1:20PM UPDATE: I had to update the file a 3rd time ! We've always had Dariusz' address wrong on the TASL spreadsheets. All fixed now !
    Last edited by kidcole; 12-26-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kidcole View Post
    Will you still have your show running for the Sunday night group to see ?
    Yes, the show will be running. It even ran with I was in India a couple weeks ago!!!
    - Scott M.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

No Denny, I'm not gonna make it, not feeling to well. With the rain that's in our forecast we won't have our lights running.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcl View Post
    Yes, the show will be running. It even ran with I was in India a couple weeks ago!!!
    That can be seen from an airplane!! No, I don't have pictures, but you can't miss the full side-to-side sweeps!

Also, just a thought with all the vehicles that will be going, does anyone have FRS radios? We can coordinate between vehicles with them if needed instead of point-to-point with cell phones.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Good Day.

Again sorry everyone, but I am out of town right now and have decided not to take the chance and leave the display running with all of the rain that we have had. I would like for people to come and see my display which I must say is pretty good this year. I plan on running it on Jan 3rd and 4th when I return. If you want a sample of what it looks like visit https://vimeo.com/channels/vanhornfamilychristmas and check out 2014 deck the halls. I have 8 songs in the light show and it lasts about 22 minutes. Well worth a trip.

Please come on the 3rd and 4th, provided the weather holds out.

James Van Horn

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    That can be seen from an airplane!! No, I don't have pictures, but you can't miss the full side-to-side sweeps!
    I tried looking when I flew in. We were too far East to see them. I was ready with my camera and everything!!!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I am still holding out to see if there is good enough weather for Sunday night. Let's not pull the plans until we have a chance to review the weather around noon on Sunday. When everyone gets back from church .. check this site for any updates to this post.

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkboy2 View Post
    No Denny, I'm not gonna make it, not feeling to well. With the rain that's in our forecast we won't have our lights running.
    I appreciate the reply Bob .. Sorry you can't make it. If we end up calling a rain date, please check back here. The new date might work better for you, or at least in case you want to ride along to see what others are doing. I also hope you join us at our first TASL meeting. I am going to visit the florist shop by Tuesday, that rents our hall. So I can see what dates they have available.

Quote Originally Posted by James van Horn View Post
    Good Day.

Again sorry everyone, but I am out of town right now and have decided not to take the chance and leave the display running with all of the rain that we have had. I would like for people to come and see my display which I must say is pretty good this year. I plan on running it on Jan 3rd and 4th when I return. If you want a sample of what it looks like visit https://vimeo.com/channels/vanhornfamilychristmas and check out 2014 deck the halls. I have 8 songs in the light show and it lasts about 22 minutes. Well worth a trip.

Please come on the 3rd and 4th, provided the weather holds out.

James Van Horn
    Hi James .. I am interested in coming out to see your display. I am really impressed that you put mini trees on your roof. I want to see first hand how you did it. Good looking display ! We can post here to see if others in the group can agree on the day and time to meet there together...
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny, thanks for organizing this and putting your time and effort into it.
    You are the best!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I think we can pull this off. There may be spotty rain this afternoon which will be light. Then there looks to be a break until around 10pm. I know we usually chat around for quite a while at some of the houses. But if we can stay on schedule with about 12 minutes of show time per house, then I think we can get through North Raleigh (Sam's house) by 9pm. Then it looks like Greg's house on the east side is less likely to get the early rain.

Each of us should make up a show schedule for the group to see, then quickly switch to your public schedule. Then we'll take off for the next house.

The schedule has not changed from the one I posted yesterday (see post number 1). And I am sending an email to everyone that will have the same schedule attached, except with cell phone numbers. Print that one.

Shannon and Ross, if you get here early you can come on down to my house if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by petulka77 View Post
    Denny, thanks for organizing this and putting your time and effort into it.
    You are the best!
    You are welcome Peter !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

It was nice meeting you all tonight and I hope I can join you for the whole tour next year.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by RobertG View Post
    It was nice meeting you all tonight and I hope I can join you for the whole tour next year.
    Good seeing you too Rob. It was a great tour (as always). It's so nice to see what everyone does, and then talking about everything helps us all grow into new ideas. We have a very diverse group, which also makes it more fun. A lot of care and feeding went into these displays.

And a BIG THANKS to Ross Schotts who drove three hours to join us from Florence SC !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Ditto above.

I've been so immersed in my own little (display) world the last few months that it was great to get out and see what else is being done! As usual, all the great ideas I came away with will undoubtedly bust my 2015 budget! :-)

short list:
    definitely need new signage
    RDS? hmm, gonna have research that...
    Need to fully outline house in icicles... in 5 colors (XMAS and Halloween), so need 140 linear feet X 5 colors...might as well start using LED....
    Need a smaller megatree to compliment big one.... LEDS? oh, those C6's looked really nice last night....hmmm...

Sigh, and the list goes on!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

It was good seeing the displays first hand, got a few ideas. I had to pull off and take a 40 minute nap, got back to Florence at 4am.
    Maybe I'll see a nap in the forecast later today, I usually power through the day.
    Ross Shotts (100,000+ light total)
    www.lights4paws.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We all had a really great time, even Matthew, but I am not sure what will happen to him the next time he hears wizards in winter!!😵😵😱😝🚂🎧🎤🎶🎼🎹⛄❄⛔⚠📳❎🌠‼‼‼
    Clayton NC, Gregg Gusta & Son Ben, Was converting to LED lights gave up, went back to incan!! not a single pixel in sight!
    Like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gustafamilychristmas
    Likes AnniesSS liked this post