Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting August 23rd, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting August 23rd, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Hello everyone. It was nice to see everybody again and meeting the new members.

As I promised here are some details on electrical parts needed to build pixel matrix sign.
    FYI: I got inspired from this video by Donny M. Carter : and got more info from this thread by Ron: LED Matrix Panel
    Here is detailed info:
    I built the sign as 16x128 pixel matrix using:
    - 4 screen panels (P10 Indoor Full Color Advertising media LED Display Module-in LED Displays from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com)
    - 1 controller : 8 Universe Pixel Controller | Ron's Holiday Lights (if you order it tell Ron to set it specifically for the sign and how many panels are you going to use)
    - 1 adapter to connect the controller to the panels (Adapter – Pixel Matrix | Ron's Holiday Lights)
    - 1 5V power supply from Ray Wu: waterproof led power supply;AC90 250V input; 5V/60W output;IP68;CE and ROHS;-in Switching Power Supply from Electrical Equipment & Supplies on Aliexpress.com

FYI: the panels come with connectors to connect the panels to each other and it also comes with power cables. (I had to adjust the power cables to chain the panel in horizontal way. They were too short)
    I also have PDF how to configure the sign in xlights but this forum does not allow me to attach a file. If anybody is interested let me know and I email it to you.

I mounted all the electric parts to a Plexiglas sheet and put the whole part into a PVC board based box to kind of “water proof it” since this sign is going to be outdoor.
    I am not going to share info how I did the enclosure since everybody can do it differently based on the resources, tools and skills.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Petr

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting August 23rd, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Thanks for the information.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Well, looks like I may not be able to do my Xmas lights this year we listed our house on Fri and we have a buyer.
    For the same reason, I was not able to attend. Crazy week and weekend.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by RobertG View Post
    Well, looks like I may not be able to do my Xmas lights this year we listed our house on Fri and we have a buyer.
    For the same reason, I was not able to attend. Crazy week and weekend.
    I appreciate the update Robert. Are you relocating or looking for another house in the area ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We are looking to move closer to Davis ES/MS.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    Sam -

Saw you try to stop by, right after your dad left. Apparently one or both of us had a network issue; you didn't stay around long.

I believe the meeting is being recorded.
    I didn't even know he was going to attend, I only found out later that night. As for the meeting, the reception issue was on my end. I tried connecting from my phone in the middle of an amusement park. Needless to say, it didn't go over very well.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    I didn't even know he was going to attend, I only found out later that night. As for the meeting, the reception issue was on my end. I tried connecting from my phone in the middle of an amusement park. Needless to say, it didn't go over very well.
    Sam,

He was there. He complained that what we were discussing was all Greek to him. I agreed, said it was all Geek to me as well.

The TASL get-together is online at that Google hangout link earlier in this thread. I lost connection and had to restart it; it required that I start a new Hangout On Air session for that one. The link for that (basically the afternoon session) is in this forum thread as well. The video looks a little fuzzy and slightly out of focus. I think that was more a function of bandwidth than camera focus, since my "monitor screen" was fairly clear.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i could never get the afternoon session to play. what do i need to do to view

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by rooster423 View Post
    i could never get the afternoon session to play. what do i need to do to view
    Here's the link to the morning session:

And here's the link to the afternoon session.

I need to play with Hangouts on Air more. The web session monitoring the feed from the camera showed it one way; the Hangouts On Air monitor showed a mirror image of that. I'm not sure which way was actually being recorded, so you may see some mirror (backwards) images.