Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting August 23rd, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting August 23rd, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

OK, I've scheduled a Google Hangout on Air session.

https://plus.google.com/events/crg1n...2672tb2mi3j8o0

It's something I'm not used to doing, so expect some issues. I don't know about doing screen shares. The application supports this function but it needs to be done from the presenter's computer which may not be in the Hangout.

The webcam will be in the back of the room, microphone and speakers up front. Google says an unlimited number of people can watch but only 10 or so can actually participate remotely. I plan to do this from a second laptop, and might be able to do multiple cameras - I'm still learning.

Any computer/tablet/phone that supports YouTube should be able to watch. A Google Hangouts client will be required to participate; available for PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone.

The quality will definitely be much better if you're there in person, and the same goes for the food. You aren't there, you won't get any of @Charity"s oatmeal cake or @mpurser's BBQ.

@mschell - We will definitely miss you. Tell your wife happy birthday from us, and I hope all goes well with the house transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    Can I do this from my phone? It's android so I would assume "yes". It would only be for a little while though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggusta View Post
    Ben and I will not be able to make it.
    Thanks
    Gregg
    Quote Originally Posted by mschell View Post
    I won't be able to make it either. We are in the final phases of selling our house. Due diligence is up on Friday. And we're trying to buy another house, but some major issues just came up during the home inspection. Closing is sometime in September, we hope. If everything works out, we'll be moving to the Lexington area.

Also, Sunday is my wife's birthday, which means I need to stay close to home this weekend.

Hope you guys have a great meeting!

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting August 23rd, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

I have to work this Saturday, I might be done by noon, if so I will come after lunch.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

if any one has a power point projector it sure would help
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    I've been informed by my girlfriend that I can only watch the feed for maybe 30min to an hour on Saturday. Can Google record the meeting for viewing later?
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

due to recent changes in my moms health i will not be at the meeting Saturday sorry folks
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    I've been informed by my girlfriend that I can only watch the feed for maybe 30min to an hour on Saturday. Can Google record the meeting for viewing later?
    Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    due to recent changes in my moms health i will not be at the meeting Saturday sorry folks
    Mike -

Sorry to hear that; I hope she will be OK.

Sam -

I believe the presentation can be recorded on YouTube. I've never done post-presentation editing, mostly because I haven't had enough recorded by this to do any post-presentation editing.

I'm having an issue with getting the second laptop to load the IP webcam interface. I'll figure something out, though. May have to use a USB based camera or a different laptop.

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Do we have a final schedule for tomorrow?

James

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by James van Horn View Post
    Do we have a final schedule for tomorrow?

James
    There will only be 8 of us, so we'll just decide the order of the topics as a group. Here's the list of what has been requested.

- Vixen 3 Overview (Joe Tripp)
    - Timing Marks for Tight Sequencing
    - RGB Overview
    - Nutcracker discussion

Everyone interested in controlling pixels should bring their computer with the sequencer and Nutcracker loaded. I'll be bringing at least one of my Coroflakes and hope we can get it configured with Nutcracker and xLights. If all goes to plan (untested) we should be able to run xLights live while we're playing with the nutcracker models. I started to work on that config last night, and I might get the config setup from Mike Purser today. He offered to do this yesterday, so late last night I sent him the channels I will use for the Coroflakes. We always have the alternative to play the Nutcracker tutorials as a group to see how far we can get! It should work ..
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sorry, Ive been a slack this Summer- I changed jobs (after 11 years at the same place) and Ive been slammed traveling and getting up to speed.

It looks like a pretty focussed pixel/RGB session- Im not there yet! :-)

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lowe View Post
    Sorry, Ive been a slack this Summer- I changed jobs (after 11 years at the same place) and Ive been slammed traveling and getting up to speed.

It looks like a pretty focussed pixel/RGB session- Im not there yet! :-)
    Actually it's a free for all since so many people are not coming. We can cover a lot of basics. And of course the segment on timings. I hope you can still make it!
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post

https://plus.google.com/events/crg1n...2672tb2mi3j8o0

It's something I'm not used to doing, so expect some issues. I don't know about doing screen shares. The application supports this function but it needs to be done from the presenter's computer which may not be in the Hangout.

The webcam will be in the back of the room, microphone and speakers up front. Google says an unlimited number of people can watch but only 10 or so can actually participate remotely. I plan to do this from a second laptop, and might be able to do multiple cameras - I'm still learning.

Any computer/tablet/phone that supports YouTube should be able to watch. A Google Hangouts client will be required to participate; available for PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone.

The quality will definitely be much better if you're there in person, and the same goes for the food. You aren't there, you won't get any of @Charity"s oatmeal cake or @mpurser's BBQ.

@mschell - We will definitely miss you. Tell your wife happy birthday from us, and I hope all goes well with the house transactions.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sam -

Saw you try to stop by, right after your dad left. Apparently one or both of us had a network issue; you didn't stay around long.

I believe the meeting is being recorded.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

well sorry i did not make it moms a lil better i tuned in to the web cast once i saw a table the firplace musta been lunch time

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I enjoyed seeing everyone and came away with lots of info and new ideas. I loved Petr's matrix scrolling marque and am patiently waiting for the how-to post.