Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting August 23rd, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting August 23rd, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

Quote Originally Posted by petulka77 View Post
    I am going to show up and bringing
    I am currently working on a RGB pixel based "TUNE TO" sign using a set of display panels. If it's going to be presentable I can share some info if anybody is interested.

See you there.
    Excellent Peter. We'll see you next weekend!
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: OFFICIAL TASL Meeting August 23rd, 2014 9am till 5pm <Details in Post #1>

I'm thinking of doing a Google "Hangout on Air" on this, so we can have remote participation from our friends in SC and the mountains. Still learning how to do that.

Sam could you attend remotely?

I don't think this should be 100% Nutcracker, but I wouldn't object if it's 75% Nutcracker.

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

That would be nice as well.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stevens View Post
    I'm thinking of doing a Google "Hangout on Air" on this, so we can have remote participation from our friends in SC and the mountains. Still learning how to do that.

Sam could you attend remotely?
    Can I do this from my phone? It's android so I would assume "yes". It would only be for a little while though.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Samj435 View Post
    Can I do this from my phone? It's android so I would assume "yes". It would only be for a little while though.
    You should be able to; it's how I'm planning to do the Hangout on Air, but it will be a computer tethered to my Android phone with that wireless web cam in the back of the room. Sorry, no zoom.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

eastern barbcue with cole slaw N hush puppys < this ant no snack its a meal )
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i will be there. as far as food i will have to post that a little later this week.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Unfortunately, I have found that my father has other plans for the 23rd. He will not be attending.
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

sorry to hear that sam maybe nexttime
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny, Sorry for the late reply. I plan to attend the meeting this Saturday around 9:00 AM. I will bring a fruit salad and dessert.

Also, regarding Nutcracker, I am very interesting in learning more regarding it, however at this point, a short session about it now with details in another session (another day) would be great for me. I am, however, open for whatever the group would like to do.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I mentioned to Denny that I have decided to go 100% Vixen and can do a high level overview of Vixen 3. I can do an install, setup and mapping, preview setup, and make a quick sequence to show the tools and such. I'd also like to mention some of the new work that the Vixen team has done - lip sync and Papagayo imports for faces, duplicating effects, Falcon Pi Player export, and more.

I don't think we need to do a full day on RGB and/or Nutcracker. I'd rather do what others proposed and break that out to a separate meeting. Heck I'll even offer up my house to do it at - I have a nice basement and large garage, either would work great for a meeting.

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I wouldn't mind hearing about another sequencing tool.

James

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplett View Post
    I mentioned to Denny that I have decided to go 100% Vixen and can do a high level overview of Vixen 3. I can do an install, setup and mapping, preview setup, and make a quick sequence to show the tools and such. I'd also like to mention some of the new work that the Vixen team has done - lip sync and Papagayo imports for faces, duplicating effects, Falcon Pi Player export, and more.

I don't think we need to do a full day on RGB and/or Nutcracker. I'd rather do what others proposed and break that out to a separate meeting. Heck I'll even offer up my house to do it at - I have a nice basement and large garage, either would work great for a meeting.
    Agreed Joe. Most comments have suggested a portion of the day on Nutcracker and mix in other things. I'll put your Vixen session on the schedule. I hope to get to it tonight or tomorrow. Been swamped at work this week.

Quote Originally Posted by James van Horn View Post
    I wouldn't mind hearing about another sequencing tool.

James
    Yes, a lot of us have been curious about Vixen and HLS, since we're now seeing some very professional looking shows with both ! The list of LOR advantages keeps getting smaller. Many times I wonder what I am paying them for. Lately I have been encouraged by LOR integrating something similar to Nutcracker. But that could take years .. !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Ben and I will not be able to make it.
    Thanks
    Gregg
    Clayton NC, Gregg Gusta & Son Ben, Was converting to LED lights gave up, went back to incan!! not a single pixel in sight!
    Like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gustafamilychristmas

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I won't be able to make it either. We are in the final phases of selling our house. Due diligence is up on Friday. And we're trying to buy another house, but some major issues just came up during the home inspection. Closing is sometime in September, we hope. If everything works out, we'll be moving to the Lexington area.

Also, Sunday is my wife's birthday, which means I need to stay close to home this weekend.

Hope you guys have a great meeting!
    Mark

New location - new display. Looking forward to 2015 season!