Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Software Classes

If we are going to use the Starbucks off of Lake Boone Trail, shouldn't we make reservations now as they tend to fill up fast?
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Are there any plans to still do some meetings at Starbucks? I missed the TASL meeting and I'm sure that those hard working individuals could also show off effects instead of this being simply "training". Just getting everyone's input on the matter....
    2014: Lights - 75,000; Channels - 500 Renard AC, 75 Renard DC, 10,000 Pixels; Vixen 3.0

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

ok i can put this out now and it might not be feasible or it might be the choice is yours i have secured the use of a training facility that will hold 20 people we can use it to teach software classes but the kicker is its down here in eastern north Carolina just throwing it out there if your intersected post it here the date will be up to the majority
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Van Horn Family Christmas James van Horn's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Where in Eastern North Carolina? I would probably be interested, although I know that we are all getting close to needing to put up our display's and get the shows rocking and rolling.

James Van Horn

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Chocowinity fire dept Chocowinity North Carolina its about 4 miles south of Washington n.c.on hy 33 just off hy 17 bypass this location is an hour and 45 minuite drive from the center we normally meet in this i know i have driven it 6 times now and i drive slow
    Last edited by mpurser; 08-29-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    are you sure we checked every pixel?The Home of North Carolina's Largest tomato cage pixel tree.http://www.thelightsonpurserroad.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

well i have done all i can offered my services to teach what i have picked up using nutcracker found a hall to have the meeting.i have pixels to show and as useal anyone that has knowlage to share and items to show is welcome and i know time is short so if your intersected post here. the clock is ticking.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Mike,

I'd love to come out and learn, but I don't know many days that I would be able to commit to that. I was thinking more along the lines of the original idea, where we would be meeting on a weeknight evening. Unfortunately my weekends are booked until Mid-November, and that's really crunch time.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

sammy i knew this would be a stretch to pull off but i am just trying to help you and those who have posted for help with nutcracker i feel i probably have more experience with it and the visualizer than anybody else in this end of the state and was just trying to offer that help.and a FREE place to do it in and i also understand its a ruff time of year for us all to me my hobby is Christmas lighting and having no other life except work and being as close to retirement as i am i go where my limited budget and health restrictions will allow so i can learn or spread the lessons i have learned to as many as i can.if you guys still need night time classes some body else will have to do it in what ever arena yall can find in the central area i can not help with that sorry

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

due to app-rant lack of interest the nutcracker and visualizer class has beem cancled and due to my moms declining health i do not know when it might be rescheduled

Professional Net Lurker Jack Stevens's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    due to app-rant lack of interest the nutcracker and visualizer class has beem cancled and due to my moms declining health i do not know when it might be rescheduled
    Mike -

Don't confuse silent lurking with lack of interest - there is a lot of interest in this.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother; that is, of course, much more important than any portion of this hobby. I hope she is doing better.

I can offer the use of the community center I have a key to, but I don't think the Moncure Lions Club building is any closer to you that the Switf Creek Community Center is.

There would be some lags and such, and I'm not sure if full voice conversations could be carried out on it, but have you considered trying to use Google Hangouts On Air? It has the ability to share the desktop, do video conferencing, meetings, chat, "white board" collaboration, and the such. Some limitations, and I haven't had the opportunity to try it for something like this, but it may work.

I'm tied up this week with doing county fair support (working a Lions Club concession booth at the Lee County Fair) and some family happenings but if you would like to try Hangouts on a trial run basis, I'm game.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I am considering offering a training meeting on the 20th. Possibly two in a row. The first would be a beginner or refresher on LOR, and the second would be interactive - - Nutcracker with LOR. I say interactive because I can get through the basics including setup. Then we'll dive in "deeper." I would want everyone to bring their laptops and we'll get everyone up and running on Nutcracker.

The first would start perhaps 11am and the second about 2pm. Maybe a little soon for both. Would be at my house in Cary.

I am not final with that date yet, but close to firming it up. I am throwing that out for people in this area to think about .. I'll open a new post in a few days to confirm.
    Last edited by kidcole; 09-09-2014 at 10:39 PM.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Can this all be done using Teamviewer online?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight2 View Post
    Can this all be done using Teamviewer online?
    Sean gives Nutcracker video classes almost every week. And that's how I've made most of my progress. Plus a bit of help from Mike and Peter a couple weeks ago. It's a lot of work to prepare for classes on team viewer because you need prepared slides. Sean puts a lot of time into make slides to show things. Video cam alone does not seem to do that very well without prep in advance. I am not very experienced with it.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

I sit in on them as well. All of the past classes are online and are a wealth of information. I think that if your just doing a tutorial on how to work in NC..All you would need to do is start from nothing and build a tree.. allowing questions. I don't think slides would be needed.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    Mike, as Jake said it's not necessarily the lack of interest. It's crunch-time and I don't know what I'm doing and when. It would be foolish to commit to anything that I can't be certain that I could attend. Thank you for the offer, maybe we can all tackle software earlier in the year next year maybe before/during the summer months.

I hope your Mom is doing OK, keeping her in my prayers.